Would you have accepted the Seabrook & 3 OA for 10 OA offer?

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
There would at a minimum have to be a contract going the other way to make up the $875k difference in cap hit between Seabrook to Myers. Even sending spooner out evens it out a bit as his buyout costs them $1 mill per for the next 2. So net zero difference in current cap hits until the contracts in 2021 come off the books.

Seabrook has a nmc. He’s spent 14 years in Chicago, 4 years in the WHL with Lethbridge and the prior 16 in BC of which the first few years he doesn’t remember.

Don’t think he would have been eager to waive his nmc.
I would have no interest in taking Seabrook on even if we didn't sign Myers. No idea if Byram even pans out better then Pod. Would I have taken Byram over Pod sure but not if had to take Seabrook who is pretty close to worst deal in league (Loui).

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Myers and Seabrook have put up nearly identical metrics over the past 3 years. They're both going to regress, but Seabrook has a much higher level to regress from and still be good. Tyler Myers 26-28 years old is the same caliber of player as Seabrook just was 32-34....This analysis has made me more fearful about Myers going forward than thinking Seabrook sucks.....because if Seabrooks sucks, Myers is about to suck harder.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Have you been living under a rock for the last three years?
Seabrook stinks now, the guy can barely skates. He’s going regress to Gudbranson level pretty soon

Seabrook still put up 28 points (which would have made him 2nd in scoring behind Edler) while averaging 19 minutes of ice time last season and would be a welcomed top four defenseman here. I think you guys are underrating Seabrook tremendously. He's still got two or three serviceable years left. Am I the only one who's watched this defense scrape by with a lack of NHL bodies for the last decade? No one is arguing he's a boat anchor but he'd be a more serviceable boat anchor than Loui Eriksson or Brett Sutter.

I also don't think it's a Myers or Seabrook argument. So we bring in Seabrook and in the process get Byram. So we don't sign Benn and then we drop any of Eriksson, Baertschi or Sutter while adding Seabrook, Myers and Byram. Rebuild the defense in a month while jettisoning crap. Easy.

Seabrook > Benn

Last edited:

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Seabrook still put up 28 points (which would have made him 2nd in scoring behind Edler) while averaging 19 minutes of ice time last season and would be a welcomed top four defenseman here. I think you guys are underrating Seabrook tremendously. He's still got two or three serviceable years left. Am I the only one who's watched this defense scrape by with a lack of NHL bodies for the last decade? No one is arguing he's a boat anchor but he'd be a more serviceable boat anchor than Loui Eriksson or Brett Sutter.

I also don't think it's a Myers or Seabrook argument. So we bring in Seabrook and in the process get Byram. So we don't sign Benn and then we drop any of Eriksson, Baertschi or Sutter while adding Seabrook, Myers and Byram. Rebuild the defense in a month while jettisoning crap. Easy.

Seabrook > Benn
I found this funny.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Edler - Tanev
Hughes - Schenn
Stecher - Seabrook
Biega - Myers
Byram

Vs.

Edler Myers
Hughes Tanev
Benn Stecher
Fantenberg Biega

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
No probably not the way you wrote it up...……...too much advantage to Chicago

Eriksson + 10 OA

for Seabrook + 3 OA

Yes

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
It would have been an interesting proposal were we not a veritable bad contract plantation out here. The Seabrook contract would put an end to our misery prematurely, I think. Even we have our limit of bad contract spots.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Funniest thing I heard last trade deadline was John Shannon 'reporting' that Stan Bowman had't decided whether or not to make Seabrook 'available'. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad