Would you ever do volunteer work for a for profit organization?

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
I know it seems like I registered here for the first time only last month, but it was actually almost nine months ago that I registered here, for the first time.

I'm also a first time registrant and have no knowledge of the history of LNGE, TJ or posting ghard.

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
oh yeah, sometimes i forget that i've not been here since 2008 as well. I'm a little farther along than y'all, but not by much.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Personally, I say no. Really you should try and benefit non profit causes with your volunteer time. Wondering though if anyone here disagrees and thinks you should spend your free time helping an organization make more money while allowing them not to actually pay for necessary labor? If so, why?

it is called work experience and often how people get the first notch on the CV/Resume

To get a job you need experience, to get experience you need a job

basic circulatory motion here

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
it is called work experience and often how people get the first notch on the CV/Resume

To get a job you need experience, to get experience you need a job

basic circulatory motion here
Experience would suggest that voluntary work for a for profit organisation has the opposite effect.

Archangel

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
Some very famous Hollywierd directors had their starts working as intern. Producer Don Simpson got his start as well

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
I volunteer at my local soup kitchen when I can, but I have far less time now that I am a father. It is a rewarding and enlightening experience to discover how truly blessed we are.

Reactions: Pinball Wizard

Cheese Wagstaff

Dec 11, 2017
Just met a guy who volunteers at Subaru marketing events and so far everyone I’ve asked have confirmed they agree that means he is a pathetic f***ing loser.

Makes you think.

Say Hey Kid

Bathory
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Giving cash to non-profits is an extremely naive twentysomething move. I've had access to many non-profits payrolls in my career. Most of their salaried employees have six figure salaries and 90% of the donations go to pay them. You should only donate supplies to them and never cash.

Say Hey Kid

Bathory
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Just met a guy who volunteers at Subaru marketing events and so far everyone I’ve asked have confirmed they agree that means he is a pathetic ****ing loser. Makes you think.
He's networking to help his career and smarter than those who think he's a loser.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad