Would you ever do volunteer work for a for profit organization?

Cheese Wagstaff

Dec 11, 2017
Personally, I say no. Really you should try and benefit non profit causes with your volunteer time. Wondering though if anyone here disagrees and thinks you should spend your free time helping an organization make more money while allowing them not to actually pay for necessary labor? If so, why?

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I've got rights, I'm a... I'm a paid voluntary worker, he's got to give me notice.

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
I would volunteer in the form of an internship at a for-profit company if it could benefit me further down the road in my career/life. Absolutely.

Reactions: tonyhawks77

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Sure, in rare situations.

For profits can still do good for the community. And for profit doesn’t mean they make a large profit.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
I'd work at McDonald's for free if they'd let me. I'm a huge fan of their contribution to society and would give my body, mind OXFORD COMMA and soul in order to see their movement flourish.

Last edited:

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
I'd work at McDonald's for free if they'd let me. I'm a huge fan of their contribution to society and would give my body, mind and soul in order to see their movement flourish.

Please read up on the ediquitte of Oxford commas and revise this post as necessary.

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
Yes, Comrade Stanislav.

I see no revisions friend

let me just tell you so you can pick up what I'm laying down:

`I'd work at McDonald's for free if they'd let me. I'm a huge fan of their contribution to society and would give my body, mind, and soul in order to see their movement flourish.`

May 20, 2011
BC
I see no revisions friend

let me just tell you so you can pick up what I'm laying down:

`I'd work at McDonald's for free if they'd let me. I'm a huge fan of their contribution to society and would give my body, mind, and soul in order to see their movement flourish.`
Sometimes I use the Oxford comma and sometimes I don't just to upset people who have preferences both ways.

Sep 19, 2008
Let the ruling classes tremble at a poster’s revolution. The posters have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a forum to win.

KRAMER: Over there. The Dominicans.
JERRY: Aren't they supposed to be rolling cigars?
KRAMER: Well, it didn't quite work out, and now I've got nothing for them to
do.
GEORGE: So?
KRAMER: So, I taught 'em all about Cuba, and they really took to it. You
know, Marxism, the Worker's Revolution, the clothing.

In the corner, one of the Dominicans thumps the table, as if to underscore a
point in his argument.

JERRY: Boy, they seem pretty angry about something.
KRAMER: (nervous) Yeah. I'm a little worried. When there's no work, and the
people get restless, who do you think they come after? (pointing to himself,
shrill) El Presidente!

Reactions: OmniCube

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad