Would you consider the following franchises players?

Which of the following are franchise players

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
For me, you've gotta be in the top tier of players in the league and THE best player on your team.

So I'm only going with Eichel/Barzal/Pasta/Aho.

Reactions: slapKing

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
This was my first thought as well but we need to see a healthy Eichel so I picked none.

Then again the tag franchise player is extremely elite IMO and the only guy I would give it to right now is Connor.

True about Eichels health.

Connor is above franchise, he's generational.

Reactions: wetcoast

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
For me, you've gotta be in the top tier of players in the league and THE best player on your team.

So I'm only going with Eichel/Barzal/Pasta/Aho.
So there’s no way Malkin, Toews/Kane, Drai, are franchise players, or ever were for that matter?

Reactions: Garthinater

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
So there’s no way Malkin, Toews/Kane, Drai, are franchise players, or ever were for that matter?
Well no. Crosby is the Pens franchise player. McDavid's is Edmonton's. For the Blackhawk's, it was Toews but I think Kane has taken the mantle

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Well no. Crosby is the Pens franchise player. McDavid's is Edmonton's. For the Blackhawk's, it was Toews but I think Kane has taken the mantle
I guess we’ll just have to disagree with what a franchise level player is then. For me it doesn’t have to do with the luck of being on a team that has a better player. For example, Matthews is undoubtedly a franchise level player, if he goes to Edmonton or McDavid to TO, that won’t change the quality of player that he is

Reactions: slapKing

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
I guess we’ll just have to disagree with what a franchise level player is then. For me it doesn’t have to do with the luck of being on a team that has a better player. For example, Matthews is undoubtedly a franchise level player, if he goes to Edmonton or McDavid to TO, that won’t change the quality of player that he is
There is no "level" when debating franchise players - either you are the face of the franchise or you aren't. John Tavares was a franchise player in LI. He is not in Toronto. Pettersson, Price, Larkin, Stone, Eichel, Giroux, Barkov, J Hughes, Gaudreau, Kaprizov, and Barzal are all franchise players. It's not about quality of player, but you probably need a shit ton of talent to become the franchise player.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
There is no "level" when debating franchise players - either you are the face of the franchise or you aren't. John Tavares was a franchise player in LI. He is not in Toronto. Pettersson, Price, Larkin, Stone, Eichel, Giroux, Barkov, J Hughes, Gaudreau, Kaprizov, and Barzal are all franchise players. It's not about quality of player, but you probably need a shit ton of talent to become the franchise player.
Well then we’re debating apples and oranges here as our definitions are totally different. Even the poster I was originally replying to was commenting about the “level” the player needed to be. But to each their own

Reactions: Conbon

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Lots of good players on that list, but only one franchise player IMO......Eichel.

Rangeri

Sep 29, 2020
Lapland
Maybe not Franchise, but i think Barzal has still hidden potential to go for another level as a player.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

That's a flawed way of looking at it. Being the best player on a team doesn't automatically make a player a franchise player. A franchise player isn't just the best player on a team, it's the type of player you can actually build a winning team around.

Connor Garland isn't a franchise player just because he's arguably Arizona's best player because you're not going to be winning any championships if that's your best player and the guy who will have to lead you to that championship.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad