Would you consider McDavid righ now better than prime Crosby?

Johnny Tomala

Jan 24, 2017
McDavid already has more Art Ross trophies than Crosby. He will have the same Ted Lindsay Awards and Hart Memorial Trophies after voting is concluded. Winning Art Ross only two times will be a stain on Crosby's legacy. McDavid already is better offensively that Crosby ever was. He needs to play better defence though.

Reactions: DickSmehlik

Luongoisthegoat

Mar 23, 2021
Dont be mad!

then calls him overrated and calls everyone “Connor fanboys.”

You’re not neutral by any means. Your posts show that.
He is overrated and his fanboys are annoying. I love watching him play I just think he’s a bit overrated is all. He’s great for the game probably the most dominant athlete in sports right now. Still overrated though.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
After Leon, Marner, and Matthews, who are these high caliber players? Who are these high caliber defensive players? Where are the high caliber defensive minded teams? Obviously Crosby didn't play a pandemic season for 56 games against only 6 teams. The facts are when we take away 'what if' seasons that are lockout or pandemic effected and compare McDavids best regular season vs Crosby's it is extremely close.

So you are also taking out all of Crosbys "what if" injury seasons?

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
He is overrated and his fanboys are annoying. I love watching him play I just think he’s a bit overrated is all. He’s great for the game probably the most dominant athlete in sports right now. Still overrated though.

Best player in the game, but somehow overrated. And yet you’re the one who made this thread knowing how “annoying” the fan boys are.

You’re not fooling anyone.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Why are people so angry, if your so sure about mcdavid being able to do it in a regular year then just wait for it to be proven. Deep down you Connor fanboys know that his pace will most likely drop. I hope it doesn’t and stays about the same. He’s a joy to watch but a tad overrated in my opinion. Who noes maybe I’m wrong and he proves me a wrong.

Lol.

Why wouldn't it drop ... he scored 1.9 ppg. For an entire 56 game schedule. Gretzky scored 212.. then dropped to 196.. did that get the pitchforks out ? Lol wtf ....

McVespa99

May 13, 2007

Seriously? How could "the most dominant athlete in sports" be overrated? Is that even possible?

Reactions: Dempsey

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
The answer to this is McD now is better than Crosby at his peak. And call me crazy but I think McD will still get better.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
"Most dominant athlete in sports, but overrated." This is a head-scratching statement. You must be taking the 'McJesus' moniker a little too literally.

Luongoisthegoat

Mar 23, 2021
You could I suppose. But the hype would have to be much larger for that to be true in this case. There are still posters that think Matthews or Mack are better so I cant see him being overrated
Fair enough, all this talk about mcdavid is getting me pumped to see him play in the playoffs this year.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Winning Art Ross only two times will be a stain on Crosby's legacy.

Yeah, because injuries are not a thing. Between 2010 and 2013 Crosby had 55+104=159 points in the 99 games he played, but obviously that's meaningless for his legacy because every year someone playing the full schedule had more in total...

Reactions: Dominance

Luongoisthegoat

Mar 23, 2021
Me too. Im an Oiler fan and we have been walking through a desert for the last 20 or so years.
Hopefully mcdavid doesn’t get injured could legit win 7 art Ross trophies without injuries. Don’t want the what if’s with him like we have with Crosby.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
What does that have to do with the other players on their roster?
You're obviously trolling, but several players have had career highs due to McDavid, least of being Draisaitl, Barrie, Puljujaarvi, Nurse and RNH.

Not sure why I'm answering you because you're clearly just going to dismiss things with a narrative that doesn't exist.

Reactions: DickSmehlik

Luongoisthegoat

Mar 23, 2021
Yeah, because injuries are not a thing. Between 2010 and 2013 Crosby had 55+104=159 points in the 99 games he played, but obviously that's meaningless for his legacy because every year someone playing the full schedule had more in total...
Holy shit that’s insane,what’s Connor at for his last 99?

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Hopefully mcdavid doesn’t get injured could legit win 7 art Ross trophies without injuries. Don’t want the what if’s with him like we have with Crosby.

Agreed. There are lots of great players but very few truly special ones. it sucks when the special ones miss time due to injury

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
You're obviously trolling, but several players have had career highs due to McDavid, least of being Draisaitl, Barrie, Puljujaarvi, Nurse and RNH.

Not sure why I'm answering you because you're clearly just going to dismiss things with a narrative that doesn't exist.

The point is, Sid made people around him better compared to McDavid. Who is more of a pure skilled machine(he beats Sid on that front). That is why Sid won important series and won cups with scrubs while the Oilers have been average at best. Cause is a team game. They are doing better this year and yes Barrie and Nurse are getting better as well. And to that I say FINALLY. But this is too early to judge cause they have played against the 6 same teams.

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
McDavid already has more Art Ross trophies than Crosby. He will have the same Ted Lindsay Awards and Hart Memorial Trophies after voting is concluded. Winning Art Ross only two times will be a stain on Crosby's legacy. McDavid already is better offensively that Crosby ever was. He needs to play better defence though.

Honestly what he needs to do is translate his game to stay superstar level in the playoffs. If he takes games off and then racks up 3 points in one game that looks great in the regular season, but fans notice that in the playoffs. Crosby was already considered a playoff beast by McDavid's age.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad