Would you consider McDavid righ now better than prime Crosby?

illpucks

May 26, 2011
peak McDavid 105 in 56
peak Crosby 104 in 80 (at least people on here say it's his best season)

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
peak McDavid 105 in 56
peak Crosby 104 in 80 (at least people on here say it's his best season)
That's not really peak Crosby. That's post-fractured neck/serious concussion/broken jaw Crosby.

The guy already had so many miles on his body, it's impressive that he still won two more Cups.

Reactions: sanscosm

samiam

Oct 4, 2010
Do you think that may have something to do with the fact he played a combined 40 games against teams like ottawa, calgary vancouver and montreal? Id hope the best player in the nhl would put up big numbers. Lets see him do it during a normal season.

So are you proposing that McDavid play games in a division with the likes of Philly, New Jersey, & Buffalo, or perhaps even a division that has LA, San Jose & Anaheim?? The vast majority of the teams just mentioned are well below the 4 Canadian teams you singled out. As such, it's plausible that McDavid would have feasted even more on these teams if he'd been able to play against them.

leer2006

Jan 20, 2010
Transcona
So are you proposing that McDavid play games in a division with the likes of Philly, New Jersey, & Buffalo, or perhaps even a division that has LA, San Jose & Anaheim?? The vast majority of the teams just mentioned are well below the 4 Canadian teams you singled out. As such, it's plausible that McDavid would have feasted even more on these teams if he'd been able to play against them.
No what he is suggesting is McDavid doesn’t score at this rate in a regular season where he plays every team and not the same 6. While it is impressive it needs a asterisk beside it.

Last edited:

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
No what he is suggesting is McDavid doesn’t score at this rate in a regular season where he plays every team and not the same 6. While it is impressive it needs a astrix beside it.

Astrix? I bet that is one hot German vixen. I need an astrix beside me. Photos, pretty please.

samiam

Oct 4, 2010
No what he is suggesting is McDavid doesn’t score at this rate in a regular season where he plays every team and not the same 6. While it is impressive it needs a asterisk beside it.

That's a fair request I suppose. An asterisk beside McDavids name for this season, but only after they put one beside Crosby's name for all of those seasons post lock-out where he had the privilege of playing every team in his division 8 times annually, which (during Crosby's highest scoring year) included the league's worst team, with highest G.A in his very own division.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Yeah in a very easy year.
Stop crying.

Anyone with a brain cell could clearly see the difference between McDavid and Crosby when they hit the ice. McDavid is a far more dominant forward. He may not grind like Sid does .. but he dominates play to a much greater degree.

Reactions: Dieseloil

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada

In this hypothetical season is McDavid playing the teams you mentioned 10 times each? Because than yes he will no doubt feast on them aswell. I’m proposing that in a normal 82 game schedule, where the Oilers play every team good and bad, we probably see his numbers go down. Seems pretty straight forward.

Luongoisthegoat

Mar 23, 2021
You mad ?
I can’t wait to watch mcdavid play game 1. I just respect Crosby as a player. He would have won 3 more art Ross trophies if it wasn’t for injuries. I just view Crosby and mcdavid as near equals when talking about prime, You might not but that doesn’t make my opinion ridiculous. If mcdavid does this in a regular year then he’s above Crosby in my opinion. I’m not mad about anything,it’s only hockey,much more important things in life bro.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
I can’t wait to watch mcdavid play game 1. I just respect Crosby as a player. He would have won 3 more art Ross trophies if it wasn’t for injuries. I just view Crosby and mcdavid as near equals when talking about prime. You might not but that doesn’t make my opinion ridiculous. If mcdavid does this in a regular year then he’s above Crosby in my opinion.
22/23 year old McDavid coming of a serious knee injury popped in 97 points 64 games bro

He was already better then Sid before he went off this season.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
I agree. It is the ultimate goal. At the end of the day, with 32 teams next year when the Kraken arrive, and as much parity as there is, the Cup is often a crap shoot.

No one player can win a Stanley Cup. It takes a collective effort and some luck to take home the trophy. McDavid and Draisaitl are great, but I still don't feel like they are built to win the Cup. That is not a knock on them, its a testament to how difficult it is to win the trophy.

Crosby won three Cups and had a couple of special playoff runs [with one questionable Smythe]. Penguins entered the playoffs as a team seen as a Cup contender. I don't think the Oilers under McDavid and Draisaitl have ever had that label. There is only so much two players can do to push their team. Its not the NBA where you need a few superstars to make a deep run in the playoffs. Also, in reference to his gold medals that cannot be used against McDavid in a direct comparison. McDavid doesn't even have the opportunity to be in the Olympics. And let's face it, Canada should win the gold with or without Crosby. They are the clear cut favorite every tournament to come out on top. Just like Canada should win the gold with or without McDavid.

Look at how long it took Bourque to win a Cup. Thats a top-3 / top-5 defense man to ever play the game. If he didn't win the Cup I wouldn't have viewed him as any less. Ovechkin took a long while, despite some great playoff performances by him, to get his Cup because Washington never had the right build to go deep.

Stop! This is too rational. The McD haters and Crosby lovers will hate you....

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
Guys, Crosby is still in the league......

He's also only 9 years older than McDavid. This is McDavid AINEC. Crosby old timers are apparently the new Gretzky/Lemiuex old timers.

How about some Gretzky old timers pipe in? Crosby and McDavid are both beyond their era so they'll be less biased in judging.

Luongoisthegoat

Mar 23, 2021
Why are people so angry, if your so sure about mcdavid being able to do it in a regular year then just wait for it to be proven. Deep down you Connor fanboys know that his pace will most likely drop. I hope it doesn’t and stays about the same. He’s a joy to watch but a tad overrated in my opinion. Who noes maybe I’m wrong and he proves me a wrong.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Why are people so angry, if your so sure about mcdavid being able to do it in a regular year then just wait for it to be proven. Deep down you Connor fanboys know that his pace will most likely drop. I hope it doesn’t and stays about the same. He’s a joy to watch but a tad overrated in my opinion. Who noes maybe I’m wrong and he proves me a wrong.

Dont be mad!

then calls him overrated and calls everyone “Connor fanboys.”

You’re not neutral by any means. Your posts show that.

Luongoisthegoat

Mar 23, 2021
22/23 year old McDavid coming of a serious knee injury popped in 97 points 64 games bro

He was already better then Sid before he went off this season.
He for sure looks more dominant than Sid ever did I’ll give you that. For me who’s gotta prove it In a regular year though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad