Would you be disappointed if we don't pick a up a Dmen before the trade deadline?

Would you be disappointed if we don't pick a up a Dmen before the trade deadline?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Thqre

Nov 7, 2019
We have so much forward depth, we need to change it to more solid defense. Would you be disappointed if we don't pick a up a Dmen before the trade deadline?

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
The answer is yes. Something needs to be done. But I also don't really like any of the names on the rumour block. So unless he pulls someone out of the hat who isn't on the list (which usually only happens in the off-season) I will be happy but also uneasy.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
No, don't like rentals, Pietrangelo is my #1 long term choice and he's not being traded, especially not with an extension. Fill the hole in the offseason

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
If between now and the deadline no d-man that represents a clear upgrade on what we have gets moved or gets moved for a materially higher price than I would want to pay, then no.

I don't want to see high picks go for bottom of the line-up depth like 2nds for Boyle and Plekanec.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
In terms of raw games played, we are currently running the most inexperienced defense in the league. I'm not saying the ability isn't there, but errors are inevitable for young and inexperienced defensemen.

If the team is going to accomplish anything noteworthy in the playoffs, another defenseman needs to be added.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
My answer is yes because I don't want to lose Barrie for nothing. I'd like to trade him to a contender and use those assets plus a Johnsson / Kerfoot to upgrade the right side defensively.

- Upgrade on Barrie defensively
- Holl
- Liljegren

It's a tough ask and likely won't happen but it's what I would be looking to do.

Reactions: horner

Todd03

May 28, 2016
Yes I would be. But this team needs two tough, gritty defencemen to get out of the first round maybe longer.

Reactions: cupcrazyman

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Yes. but it doesn't have to be a big piece.

Even someone like Demelo would be a nice policy fit.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
No for the sole reason that we dont know what teams are making us pay. If I know of a specific deal for someone that we didnt take I can give an opinion, but I am not interested in being upset simply by the fact that we did or did not make a move. All moves have to make sense for us, but not all available moves do.

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
I would have to go with no...if we are being honest this is not the Leafs team built to go on a deep playoff run...why mortgage our future if we can put the D corp back together in the off season when a decent amount of money comes off the books...let Lilly and Sandin get their trial reps in this year, let them see significant playoff time (they were BEASTS in the AHL playoffs) and aim for next year to be a serious contender with a remade blueline...we are no longer a place NHL'ers don't want to play so we should use that to our advantage in the off season

Reactions: shanwhatplan

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
no, I'm not a believer in making a trade for the sake of it. If something good is available then yeah, but if Dubas wants to wait then so be it. We need a long term solution for the defense, not a rental

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
It takes two to make a deal and if the right deal isn't out there, then it's a choice between making a bad trade or doing nothing. I'll choose nothing, I assume Dubas will too.

Reactions: rojac

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
I'm not sure why people keep saying this

Too many holes in my eyes...that D is a leaky sieve aside from recently, and I don't know how it holds up in a 7 game series where they can really be broken down and analyzed game to game...we have a phenomenal offense but our defensive game is sorely lacking...surely you can agree lol?

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Well they do need D but is D available that could make a difference in a very short period of time?

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I have confidence in Rielly returning for the playoffs, and if Ceci is still not back, I think they are fine using one of Sandin or Liljegren until he does return.

So I do not think they are going to just get anything.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I'd be disappointed but no overly disappointed because I am not confident this is our year. Now if we exceeded expectations and lost because we had not upgraded our D, then I would be disappointed. Dubas' crystal ball is much better than mine so he knows what he needs to do.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Too many holes in my eyes...that D is a leaky sieve aside from recently, and I don't know how it holds up in a 7 game series where they can really be broken down and analyzed game to game...we have a phenomenal offense but our defensive game is sorely lacking...surely you can agree lol?

As we are right now - yes. Rielly back, Soup back, and adding a d-man, even a rental.... I think we can match up against anyone

Reactions: ToneDog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad