Would you be able to spend six months here?

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
15325382_10154549270275709_5604505106897557717_o.jpg

I have a small (and I mean *small*) chance of having the opportunity to. But as exciting as it is, and as much as I like cold weather, that... is a little bit silly :snow:

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I've traveled all over the world, and would LOVE to check out Antarctica.

Hopefully doing a cruise in a few years and setting foot on the continent.

Living there would be...rough. But it's not like you'd be outside much.

But saying you lived at the Pole of Cold would be pretty damn cool.

Do it man.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I've traveled all over the world, and would LOVE to check out Antarctica.

Hopefully doing a cruise in a few years and setting foot on the continent.

Living there would be...rough. But it's not like you'd be outside much.

But saying you lived at the Pole of Cold would be pretty damn cool.

Do it man.

It's not up to me, I applied, but it's up to higher powers :laugh:

I would be trepidatious, but I think I would do it if I do get the call.

Also, Blood Falls is also on my bucket list, and would love to see it in person.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
I've seen antartica on the telly, it looks kinda slushy to be honest. Will you be camping? Bring some fire wood from home, the tree situation there SUCKS

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
Holed up in a research facility number crunching things about the Earth's Magnetosphere.

Oh, you are a scientist? Finally I find someone with intelligence to match mine own on this site. I don't mean to brag, but I'm kind of a big deal in the science community. I actually study the patterns of tidal currents as they relate to female elk distribution.

I shouldn't tell you this, but its too juicy not to share. I discovered that as long as there is a decent female elk population, the tidal current patterns remain consistent.

If you ever want to talk trade, PM me.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Oh, you are a scientist? Finally I find someone with intelligence to match mine own on this site. I don't mean to brag, but I'm kind of a big deal in the science community. I actually study the patterns of tidal currents as they relate to female elk distribution.

I shouldn't tell you this, but its too juicy not to share. I discovered that as long as there is a decent female elk population, the tidal current patterns remain consistent.

If you ever want to talk trade, PM me.

Primarily a Mathematician, but a background in Physics as well, so yes, Scientist is apt, I suppose :)

And I would love to shoot the breeze with you sometime :)

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
Primarily a Mathematician, but a background in Physics as well, so yes, Scientist is apt, I suppose :)

And I would love to shoot the breeze with you sometime :)

A mathematician, you say?

Well, that's not as impressive as what I do, but somebody has to do the grunt work I suppose. I mean lets be honest, a calculator could do your job. But lets not get into that, I want to make a good first impression with you.

This is a HUGE opportunity for anybody. Only a handful of people have ever seen a bunch of ice all in one place. It's probably glorious. I imagine its similar to somebody seeing the ocean for the first time, except an ocean of ice. An iceon, if you will.

My advice to you is this. Go. Go and never look back. A world of magic awaits you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad