Would this Team Sweden win World Cup 2016?

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Everyone in their prime. The star players from 2004 until nowdays.

Markus Näslund - Peter Forsberg - Henrik Zetterberg
Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Loui Eriksson
Alexander Steen - Mats Sundin - Daniel Alfredsson
Johan Franzén - Nicklas Bäckström - Fredrik Modin

Nicklas Lidström - Niklas Kronwall
Niklas Hjalmarsson - Erik Karlsson
Oliver Ekman Larsson - Victor Hedman

Henrik Lundqvist
Johan Hedberg

Could the current team Canada stop this team?

eFFeRR

Major League Hockey
Dec 11, 2013
You're trying to compare the best of the best from over a ten year span to Canada's current team? Well yes.. this team would beat Canada..

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
I thought the Swedish roster looked like that. Yes, they would beat Canada. They have only centers in their team.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
:laugh:

Who else then? And notice he was on the 4th line. He was a good player. 40-50 points in many seasons. Brought some size and grit to the team.

Filip Forsberg was a better hockey player when he was 12 years old, than Modin was in his prime. ;)

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Yes, that team with everyone in their prime would be a favourite over Canada. Mostly due to the defence.

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
If we're talking prime, change Modin to Renberg. Are we talking like 1998-2008 or something?

No, obviously not. 2000-2015?

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
yes, they would win. but, that's Sweden's all-time dream team, save Salming and maybe Anders Hedberg.

take any county's (top 5 countries) alltime dream team and play them against the other countries' current best lineup and see what happens.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Yeah if everyone would have been in thier prime of course, but that's never the case in real life.

And yeah throw out Modin...replace with Homer!

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I'd replace Eriksson, Modin and Franzén with Holmstrom (for the net precense) and prime Huselius and prime Nylander. Somehow I want prime Samuel Pahlsson (Selke Tropy runner up) on the team as well. For a more balanced team I'd leave out Huselius and Nylander and put Pahlsson and Axelsson in there. Axelsson/Pahlsson/Holmstrom was even the 4th line in Torino IIRC.

Forsberg - Sundin - Alfredsson
D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Steen
Zetterberg - Backstrom - Naslund
Axelsson - Pahlsson - Holmstrom

I'd maybe swap Hjalmarsson with Ohlund as well.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Yes. Renberg from his Legion of Doom-days, should without a doubt be on this team.

Prime Näslund-Forsberg-Renberg would've been incredible.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
OP said from 2004 and forward though. Mikael Renberg from that era doesn't make the cut.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad