Would this team be more effective with a true shut down line?

Hclass47

Apr 28, 2018
With Tavares and co forced to play tough head to head minutes night in and night out. Would it make sense to deploy a tough to play against line of grinders (3rd / shut down line) freeing up more offensive opportunities for Taveres line? I feel like his line could be a little more dangerous not to mention free up some time and space overall for the rest of the team

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
The need for a defensive center is painfully evident

Especially on the PK. Why does the Goat not take PK duties?

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
not sure how a shutdown line is going to help

like what is that aho and sixth goal even. not even 3 bergerons going to help on those.

hobarth

Jul 10, 2011
The need for a defensive center is painfully evident

Especially on the PK. Why does the Goat not take PK duties?

The Goat is barely an NHL player so having such a player PKing, playing while TO is shorthanded doesn't make sense.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I think they need a defensive C to center a shutdown type line to stop the other team from gaining momentum after the opposing team score.
That’s what they lack this year. They had too many games where they got scored on within 60 seconds

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
With Tavares and co forced to play tough head to head minutes night in and night out. Would it make sense to deploy a tough to play against line of grinders (3rd / shut down line) freeing up more offensive opportunities for Taveres line? I feel like his line could be a little more dangerous not to mention free up some time and space overall for the rest of the team
The words true shut down line would make me think top 5 in the league at what it does. Anything too 5 in the league is needed. So yes it would help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad