Speculation: Would the playoff version of Dach be a Calder finalist?

Would the playoff version of Dach be a Calder finalist?

• Total voters

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Playoff Dach is a point per game player. No other rookie was a point per game this year.

Hughes and Makar would still be finalists, so it would be Kubalik's spot that he'd take.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Jeffrey Lebowski

The Chicago Little Lebowski Urban Achievers
Jul 31, 2009
North Side
Playoff Dach is still not on par with regular season Hughes and Makar.

I mean, i get where you're coming from, Dach has been fantastic. But he hasn't been a consistent game changer like those two have shown they can be.

Reactions: Muffinalt

LavalPhantom

Sep 12, 2014
Since the Hawks would have also played teams with actual defensemen and goalies during the season, playoff Dach would probably have finished around 50 pts. Given his age and all around game, I think he would have slightly edged Kubalik.

thedarkstark

Jun 22, 2012
No, give credit where it's due Hughes, Makar, and Kubalik all had a hell of a season. You can't just extrapolate 4 games and say he'd average a ppg over 82, that's not how things work.

I think it's very likely Kirby ends up the best player of the bunch though, I'm very impressed.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
If we are talking ifs, yeah sure he could be. Or would.

Long way though.

stahl

Mar 26, 2011
He wasn't even the best rookie on the team. He's played like a beast, but this thread is a bit much when Kubalik has 3 goals and 6 points.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
1.No....need to score Goals....

2.Technically we have not started the playoffs so there is no playoff Dach yet!
3.Would not win anyway even if this form keeps up ...as both Kubalik and Quinn Hughes have scored goals in their contributions so far in starring for their teams.
BTW...Hughes super starring for Canucks in their play-in win over Minny ...and just as a comparable Boqvist gave no significant difference contribution YET which is disappointing (except negative bad game along with Keoth in that Hame 2 no show .
And Dach I thought last night had the worst game (he did not play badly ...just not as good as in the prior games) of his 4 vs.Edmonton...he lookedca bit tired chasing Edmonton guys around with them having the puck (whereas in the other games he was the one getting pucks off .

Now if in next series Dach startspottong goals along with the same asistxlevels we saw in the Edmonton series then of course that Dach would be in the ROR conversation(if that level of stardom was done by him earlier in the regular season).

But assistts alone are not enough...gotta pot the goals ..

Again...as an aside...where is Boqvist?No impact so far .(except 1 really bad game and meh in the others).

Supposed to star and impact...Hughes leaving g hom in the dust .

As for Dach...very pleased with his progress bit he has to start putting goals too.. And as I said...his game last night he looked a bit tired and not as energetic as in the prior games of the series..Remember he played most minutes of any of the Hawjs gane before so perhaps JC o er extended him a bit...

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I’d put him in over Kubalik, but I dont think the hockey writers would. Goals get more votes than all around play.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad