Would the NHL spy the NHLPA web site

Status
Not open for further replies.

RLC

Aug 7, 2004
Montreal
Maybe just maybe, would the nhl spy the nhlpa web site to gain information on player reactions to each proposal or meeting? With so much money a stake, would this be why their are no talks for a day or two before a meeting is reset?
Insider information might be what's driving the NHL slow offers.
Don't get me wrong, I think a cap IS the only way out soner or later, and if the players keep wanting to stick to as close as possible to the old CBA then no season and worse, next year the NHL will have a smaller pie to divi-up.

Strazzobosco

Dec 6, 2004
Fairfax, VA
well, you have to be a player or an agent to have access to the web site... So maybe Mario and Wayne still have access to it...
Otherwise I doubt they have a way to access the info. But then again, where there's a will there's a way!

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
dumitru123 said:
well, you have to be a player or an agent to have access to the web site... So maybe Mario and Wayne still have access to it...
Otherwise I doubt they have a way to access the info. But then again, where there's a will there's a way!

There's no way Mario, or Wayne would ever use that power that way. As much as they may prefer things to go managements way now, they still know what's right and wrong in this situation.

I think Mario MIGHT still have a way, but likely not. Wayne does not.

Jobu

Nov 17, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
dumitru123 said:

Agents do not have access to the players' website. And neither Mario nor Gretzky are members of the union.

Having said that, there is no question but that the NHL could get this information. No doubt there are a couple of players who have and will leak this info to the media, or even management if sympathetic to the owners' cause.

Jobu

Nov 17, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
OilerFan4Life said:
lol...probably paying off Dagenais or Commodore to get some "info"

Exactly. I'm sure there are some guys like this around.

But really, with the latest "offer," does the NHL really think the reaction won't be 700-30 against?

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
The sight is highly secure but you can bet your life that if the owners 'could' get access to it they certainly would. Knowledge is power.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
OilerFan4Life said:
lol...probably paying off Dagenais or Commodore to get some "info"

Too obvious....

McCabe?

EDIT: Does anyone know if Modano's poodle looks well fed?

Sparepart

Jun 6, 2002
Montreal
What makes you think the NHL isnt already spying on them? It would probably be very easy to gain access to the NHLPA restricted website. All players have access, I'm sure player agents have access, etc. It just takes one leak for the NHL to get in.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Jobu said:
Agents do not have access to the players' website. And neither Mario nor Gretzky are members of the union.

1) Didn't an agent get canned for allowing a reporter access to the players site a few months ago?

2) Why wouldn't Mario be a PA member?

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Crosbyfan said:
Too obvious....

McCabe?

EDIT: Does anyone know if Modano's poodle looks well fed?

Not only is she looking plumper than normal, her fur has a gorgeous new shine that suggests to me something other than your "off the counter" doggie shampoo, and I'm pretty sure her new ribbons are pure silk. You may be on to something here........

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Bring Back Bucky said:
Not only is she looking plumper than normal, her fur has a gorgeous new shine that suggests to me something other than your "off the counter" doggie shampoo, and I'm pretty sure her new ribbons are pure silk. You may be on to something here........

Poodlegate! I expect a denial from both Modano and Bettman...but it's only a matter of time.

Not making excuses for Modano but I blame Bettman mostly. I'm sure Mike was torn and felt he had no choice.

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
T@T said:
1) Didn't an agent get canned for allowing a reporter access to the players site a few months ago?

1. Different system. Not what the players have access to.

2. Who knows.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Crosbyfan said:
Poodlegate! I expect a denial from both Modano and Bettman...but it's only a matter of time.

Not making excuses for Modano but I blame Bettman mostly. I'm sure Mike was torn and felt he had no choice.

Good point, Crosby fan, I think we are sometimes just too quick to pass judgement against these poor old working-class players. Modano is just a pet owner who is trying to put food in the dish. Judge not lest thou be judged.

SENSible1*

Jobu said:
Exactly. I'm sure there are some guys like this around.

But really, with the latest "offer," does the NHL really think the reaction won't be 700-30 against?

I'm pretty sure they KNOW the reaction would be much closer or they wouldn't be maintaining their hard line.

Jobu

Nov 17, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
T@T said:

That was a different website relating to arbitration (the proprietary system that enables the players and their representatives to comapre themselves with others, prepare for arbitration, etc.).

Because he is an owner. He pays dues, but is not a member of the union.

barnburner

Apr 23, 2004
GregStack said:
There's no way Mario, or Wayne would ever use that power that way. As much as they may prefer things to go managements way now, they still know what's right and wrong in this situation.

I think Mario MIGHT still have a way, but likely not. Wayne does not.

I'm sure that neither one has access, but I don't give either one any more credit for integrity than anyone else.

Poignant Discussion*

I tell it like it is
Jul 18, 2003
Gatineau, QC
Sparepart said:
What makes you think the NHL isnt already spying on them? It would probably be very easy to gain access to the NHLPA restricted website. All players have access, I'm sure player agents have access, etc. It just takes one leak for the NHL to get in.

Of course they are, a friend of mine got into that site about a week ago. It's really not rocket science

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad