Would the NBAPA Strike with the NHLPA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyBowman

Mar 10, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
alexmorrison said:
I understand the NBA situation quite well. I'm a bigger NBA fan then I am NHL fan.
I also know the NBA CBA quite well and have thought since the beginning that something very similar would be a great solution for the NHL.
The issues in the NBA are not huge.
Players not reporting after trades is not really an issue as almost every case where the player hasn't reported, the only reason for getting that player was because they were an expiring contract to be used for cap space, not because they were actually wanted by the team acquiring them (ie Atlanta getting Gary Payton, Utah getting Elden Campbell).
Contract length is probably the biggest issue, but again there are enough areas where the owners can concede things to get that down to 5 or 6 years.

Wow Alex, you're like a breath of fresh air. I'm also in the same boat as you. I used to be a bigger NHL fan but a few years ago something came over me and I'm now a bigger NBA fan and I can't see that ever changing. The NBA might have a few minor problems but players not reporting for trades is very rare. The only one I can think of is Jimmy Jackson when he was traded to the Hornets. The other guys were going to get bought out and waived anyway.

AlexGodynyuk

Feb 3, 2005
ScottyBowman said:
Wow Alex, you're like a breath of fresh air. I'm also in the same boat as you. I used to be a bigger NHL fan but a few years ago something came over me and I'm now a bigger NBA fan and I can't see that ever changing. The NBA might have a few minor problems but players not reporting for trades is very rare. The only one I can think of is Jimmy Jackson when he was traded to the Hornets. The other guys were going to get bought out and waived anyway.
I hear ya.
Most people here don't really understand the NBA CBA that well and think it's full of loop-holes. But the more I've learned about it (which was a lot over the last couple of years since my team went under the cap), the more I've begun to understand that it's a very unique and very smart CBA that allows teams to try to spend to compete (Dallas, Knicks) while at the same time lets smaller markets hold their teams together to compete (San Antonio, Indiana).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad