Proposal: Would The Leafs Have Any Interest In Bobby Ryan ?

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I don't see the fit as the team isn't exactly short on options for the wing.

Reactions: qqaz

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I think it depends on Ryan, he is still ahead of any Leafs forward prospects even if he is at 75%.
If he wants to play and show that he can still play. Signing with the Leafs at Min will be a great way to show the League that he can still play. Or he signs with an awful team hoping to play well enough to get traded to a contender at the TDL

Reactions: kb

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Maybe at league minimum, but I think there will be better internal and external replacements available.
He played with trash cans in Ottawa. I live in Ottawa, and watched a fair amount of their games (cheering against them) and they did not deploy him well.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
I have the upmost respect for Bobby Ryan, no doubt he will be playing somewhere, I do remember him often being hurt think it was his hand, that being said if the price was right, maybe? lol

Reactions: kb

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I'd have some interest if he's willing to sign a deal in the 1M range for 1 year

When he's fit he could add some extra scoring punch which our bottom 6 desperately needs and he could help our 2nd PP unit as well

Reactions: Gabriel426 and kb

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
At the league minimum, no doubt I'd take him. The guy is made of glass but even if he only played 60 games, that's great value considering hes still a decent threat offensively.

Reactions: Guy Boucher and kb

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Hell yeah I would on a 1 million dollar deal. Let him heal up through the new year and get him working with the Leafs medical staff.

He's 33 years old. Trade Andreas Johnsson and play Ryan as your 3rd line left wing, and on your 2nd PP unit... If he can catch a little bit of luck on the injury front I bet and he gets you 30-35 points.... For 1 million dollars.

These Ryan, Perry, Simmonds types, for low cost, don't hurt you, as long as they're willing to play in the bottom 6 like Jason Spezza was last year. I don't want 4 or 5 of those types, while not making any room for young guys to develop, but having 2 of those guys spread throughout your bottom 6 doesn't hurt you at all... Plus it gives you scorung depth. You know that you could play Ryan in an injury pinch, on Tavares' left wing and he would produce along with Nylander.

Last edited:

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
No way.

We need hard skating defence first depth.

Bobby Ryan can't play D in his prime. He's not going to learn on the spot now.

Reactions: Kazparov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad