Would the Habs would had been that good over a 82 games season ?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Probably not as we'd be facing Western teams and we've been so ridiculously hot that we'd be bound to cool down at some point. No doubt though that it would still be a great season. I expect us to be a 100+ point team next year.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
No, absolutely not. If there was an 82 game season there would be games against the western conference and that is a far stronger conference. Montreal would have a worse losing %age against them than some of the other eastern conference teams.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Probably not as we'd be facing Western teams and we've been so ridiculously hot that we'd be bound to cool down at some point. No doubt though that it would still be a great season. I expect us to be a 100+ point team next year.

The other eastern teams would have the same problem. Why does this make us fake and not Boston or Pittsburgh?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The other eastern teams would have the same problem. Why does this make us fake and not Boston or Pittsburgh?
Where did I say we were fake? And where did I say Boston and Pittsburgh wouldn't cool down? I said we wouldn't have as many points and I don't think those teams would either.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I'll agree with the original post and say that things definitely could of been different. Markov not necessarily in game shape, Bourqur injured, PK situation, AGally and BGally question marks. But to suggest we don't have staying power is pure poppycock. Every team knew it was a 48 game season. Every one was aware of the urgency. It's an even playing field. We have not fallen off after 40. Why would we after 60 or 70?

Now I'm not saying we will finish with 110 + points next season. But, this years team, given the way they have played, is exactly where they should be. No excuses.

No we have not 'fallen off' badly, but perhaps you did not notice we are 7-6 in our last 13. That's 6 out of our 10 losses in the last third of games. Not so good. It is not unreasonable to think that at this rate, the Habs would have fallen to 8th if they played another 34 games.

I also suspect why we have regressed, but I'm not going to say it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad