Would the Flames have beat the Ducks if they had a healthy Gio

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Surely we would have been better with an elite defender, but one person does not make a difference in a series unless you're a hot goalie.

With Giordano, the best we could have done is push the series to 7. The Ducks were just the better team.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Even as a Die Hard Flames fan, I would say it would be unlikely, the Ducks would have been pressed more, but the Flames lost because of lack of experience up front and lack of size to contend with the ducks as much as lack of blueline depth.

The Flames aren't quite there yet, but they will get there.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
No. He Ducks dominated every aspect of play that series. The Flames all played hard but adding one player wouldn't have been enough

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
With Gio, it would have been closer. I think the Ducks still take it in 5 or 6 though. You could add Iggy in and the Flames still wouldn't win that series.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
The thing with what ifs is you never know. Maybe if Gio doesn't get hurt, other players don't have the same motivation and the team doesn't improve. It's possible they lose to the Canucks. It's possible they win the Cup. More likely they win another game in this series.

I mean the Flames could have won any of the games other than game 1, even though they were absolutely dominated in Game 2 first period and Game 5 third period/OT. So every little bit helps.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
He is huge for the flames so its hard to say what he could or couldn't bring to the table but its really hard to expect your entire team to change with one player unless its a goalie. If you go into a tough series with a back up its a little easier to buy into the injured player could have made a different.

Habs can make that argument last year but its also hard to think price could have done better on most of the goals the rangers scored against them last year. It wasnt like softies were going in.

Reinhart

Jun 13, 2011
Giordano would have helped, but the Ducks were just way too strong. Maybe the Flames would have squeezed out another win, but that is still a maybe. No shame in losing to the Ducks - hell of a team.

hail2ducks

Dec 10, 2009
of course the ducks would of lost...they dont even deserve to be in the playoffs because they obviously sucks really bad!!! death to the ducks

guzzy

Jul 6, 2005
With Gio and Bouma playing all series Calgary likely would have pushed to 7 but the Ducks were clearly the better team and deserved to win. It would have been closer but the Ducks would have still dominated

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
if Calgary had their full roster, which basically just inserts Giordano, I would have prolly taken them as a darkhorse to get to WCF.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->