Would the Coyotes be better off with no salary cap in the NHL?

????

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Closest answer is the second option. We'd be better off financially for sure, because we could probably slash our payroll in half to save a lot of money. We'd have to have a top notch scouting staff because we'd basically never be able to afford any high end talent, to avoid being basement dwellers every single year though.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
We can leverage high cap players with low dollar numbers with a cap and take cap dumps for futures or even roster players on occasion. We're worse off without it.

Reactions: Name Nameless

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Closest answer is the second option. We'd be better off financially for sure, because we could probably slash our payroll in half to save a lot of money. We'd have to have a top notch scouting staff because we'd basically never be able to afford any high end talent, to avoid being basement dwellers every single year though.

I figured I'd ask because of all of the hype by ownership about how having a salary cap will help everyone in the NHL I'm not going to say the salary cap is the main cause of the Coyotes problems but the cap hasn't help the team make a profit either.

BOGO

Oct 20, 2017
My only issue with the salary cap has always been that it only works with good revenue sharing. Some teams make no profit and some teams make obscene profit. If you are a rich team in terms of profits, then you should definitely have a say so on what happens with the poorer teams if you are going to be sharing so much of your revenue. You can make a lot of correlation to a federal government. It is hard for a poor person to be competitive with a rich person, they just have to use their assets more wisely but even then they might be disadvantaged to do so. The more money you have, the more money you are able to generate (speaking from experience). What would the league be without it's poor teams? Quite a bit smaller, smaller national footprint. It would probably be just as big in the popular markets, but they would get less dollars from the national deals. It is a tough balance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad