Proposal: Would Tampa Bay have any interest in Dustin Brown?

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The Kings are going nowhere fast this season and for at least several more years. If the Kings took Callahan off your hands and a player like say Coburn or Stralman, do you guys think the Lightning would have any interest in sending the Kings a prospect and a pick for Dustin Brown?

Brown has had somewhat of a renaissance last season and this season offensively and is still a fierce hitter. He doesn't hit as often, but his history is come playoff time, he really turns up the volume.

I think Brown would be an upgrade over Callahan for the Lightning. Brown has 7 goals and 5 assists in 14 games this season. He was out with a minor injury to start the season.

Brown has this season and three more after this one remaining on his contract at an AAV of $5.875M. I think the Kings could even retain a small portion of that if it helps you guys out with signing Point.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Doesn’t make sense for us at all. I really don’t see you get that package for Brown either.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'll further what Macho just said, we've been waiting for years for Callahan's contract to expire. Brown just ties us down more to the cost.

I don't know what we'd do. Maybe send a guy like Koekkoek++ for Muzzin or Martinez to offset the possible departure of Girardi, Coburn or Stralman in the summer? Send Cernak down? I'm just throwing it against the wall and hoping it sticks here.

Maybe exercise pure lunacy and bring back our boy Nate Thompson for one last hurrah while someone like Erne or Joseph go to the AHL? Mind you that currently we don't favor a reassignment for either player or Cernak. We love the young guys here

I love me some Dustin Brown but we're gonna be in the shits cap wise. If we make a move it'll likely be small up to but perhaps not including either move. Not that the loss of Muzzin or Martinez is no big deal for LA

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
First read JT Brown. But I guess the answer is the same: no thanks!

Longer answer: Callahan's contract is >>> Brown's contract for us (term). And in your proposal we'd lose a roster defenseman. This would mean a minimal improvement offensively (that we don't need, we're tied 2nd in goal scoring league-wide) and a severe downgrade defensivley. And on top it would not help us at all with our salary cap woes.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
If we were only paying Brown 1 avv per year sure! but we are a team that's going to have Cap Problems starting next season after we pay point his next contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad