Would Portland Oregon be a good place for an NHL team?

Timomies

Sep 20, 2011
I stayed in Portland few weeks in 2010. There weren't that many people in the WHL games (maybe it just seemed that way cause arenas were pretty big) but I sure hope they get a NHL team. Great city.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Absolutely would be an excellent market for the NHL. One of the wealthiest areas in the US, a natural sandwiched between SJ & Seattle (who should also gain entry) and Vancouver.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Sorry to bump this, i recently visited Portland again and went to a Soccer game.
The team is new, but it's insane how big of a following they have there.
Insane.

I think a hockey team would do very well there.

SharksFan1978

Mar 29, 2012
Sorry to bump this, i recently visited Portland again and went to a Soccer game.
The team is new, but it's insane how big of a following they have there.
Insane.

I think a hockey team would do very well there.

Portland would be a very good hockey market. Having lived in both Oregon and Washington for the better part of 15 years, I can say that Portland would probably be a better market for the NHL than Seattle in some respects. I live just south of Portland and have seen enough in my six years here to know that Portland--not to mention the rest of Oregon and parts of Washington--would go crazy for the NHL. The problem is Paul Allen doesn't care about hockey, so it won't be coming to the Rose Quarter for a very, very long time (if ever). The city's support of the Portland Timbers (the soccer team you referenced) is a perfect example of the sort of passion that city has for its sports teams, and if you gave them NHL hockey they would embrace it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad