Would Patrick Kane make Team Canada?

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Yeah Kane is amazing. Proven winner, winger, consistent superstar. One of the US’s best talents, probably would have made every TC since his first or second year. He would be on every countries roster.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
This thread died quick, probably because everyone who saw the thread title immediately thought......"of course he would"

And moved on.

Reactions: mattihp

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Yes. Big game experience and still one of the top RW's in the NHL. Marner and Stone probably get the other RW spot and they slide over one of the other centers.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Oddly specific question. And also oddly odd when he is one of the most productive offensive players still across many years and is a proven big game performer.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Crosby - Bergeron - Kane (sorry Marchand)

Would be a ridiculous line

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Yes, one of if not the greatest talents the USA has ever produced would make Team Canada.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Kane makes Team Canada in 2010, perhaps.

After that, definitely a yes. Even if there was a team today I would bank on it.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Kane makes Team Canada in 2010, perhaps.

After that, definitely a yes. Even if there was a team today I would bank on it.
If Martin St. Louis didn't make it in 2010 there is pretty much no way Kane would have. By 2014 he would have been a regular even though playmaking wingers are often hard-pressed to make the team.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
If Martin St. Louis didn't make it in 2010 there is pretty much no way Kane would have. By 2014 he would have been a regular even though playmaking wingers are often hard-pressed to make the team.

For forwards, I would say Parise likely makes it, as he had that big year in 2009. Kane was in the middle of an 88 point year. This of course was the year the Hawks won their first Cup, but he hadn't done it by February. My feeling is if there is a World Cup in the fall of 2010 he's on Team Canada. In February it is a tougher tell. He was a winger, which helps. Stamkos had a 51 goal season that year and didn't make it either, and you are right about Martin St. Louis, who was also a right winger. Jeff Carter, most notably a centre, finished 2nd in goals in 2009 to Ovechkin and still didn't make the team. Dang, that 2010 team was stacked!

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
For forwards, I would say Parise likely makes it, as he had that big year in 2009. Kane was in the middle of an 88 point year. This of course was the year the Hawks won their first Cup, but he hadn't done it by February. My feeling is if there is a World Cup in the fall of 2010 he's on Team Canada. In February it is a tougher tell. He was a winger, which helps. Stamkos had a 51 goal season that year and didn't make it either, and you are right about Martin St. Louis, who was also a right winger. Jeff Carter, most notably a centre, finished 2nd in goals in 2009 to Ovechkin and still didn't make the team. Dang, that 2010 team was stacked!
Kane's reputation was pretty poor at the time given the taxi driver situation months before and that Chicago had won nothing, and if St. Louis doesn't make it as an experienced RW who outscored Kane that year and had played for Canada before then I don't see how Kane makes it. I think that Parise makes it easily and I remember people talking about how he was exactly the type of player that would work well with Crosby. Carter was the unofficial 14th forward in 2010, which gives an indication which type of player Canada wanted at forward. I do not think that USA would have put very many skaters on the Canadian 2010 team.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Kane's reputation was pretty poor at the time given the taxi driver situation months before and that Chicago had won nothing, and if St. Louis doesn't make it as an experienced RW who outscored Kane that year and had played for Canada before then I don't see how Kane makes it. I think that Parise makes it easily and I remember people talking about how he was exactly the type of player that would work well with Crosby. Carter was the unofficial 14th forward in 2010, which gives an indication which type of player Canada wanted at forward. I do not think that USA would have put very many skaters on the Canadian 2010 team.

Nope, they wouldn't have. I figure Parise can kick someone off the team. Kessel wouldn't, and yet he was still one of the better forwards. Pavelski, Kesler, Brown, Langenbrunner, Drury, etc. these were the types the Americans had on their team. It was a weak time for them up front. They had a lot of grinders, pesky types. Hey, it almost worked for them, but there weren't stars there. I had forgotten that the taxi cab incident was in 2009 with Kane. That would have hurt him, of course we picked Bertuzzi in 2006. Yikes. The thing that might have helped him was being a teammate with Toews and the idea that they could work together well. But that 2010 Team Canada is just frighteningly good up front. I can't understand how we didn't have more blowout games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad