Would Drouin play in Halifax?

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Obviously this isnt gonna happen as Drouin would likely sign in Europe wayyyyyyyyyy before returning to the Q as a 20 years old. But seeing what has been going on in Tampa with Drouin it makes your wonder, what if? Let's speculate a little here.

The first question to ask is: does Halifax still has Drouin on their list? I'm gonna guess no. He is an overager that was basically a lock to stay in the NHL/AHL and the trade deadline has passed. Halifax must have needed the space on their protective list.

So would that make a him a free agent? Could he sign with any team in the CHL?

Also, what is the deadline for Drouin to come back, if he intends to do so? I mean, junior teams cant add guys in the middle of the playoffs. There must be a deadline.

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
I wouldn't mind him signing with Cape Breton. :D

Bishop - Drouin - Joly
Lazarev - Svechnikov - Dubois
Fiore - Carozza - Martineau
Fournier - Smith - Boucher

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Obviously this isnt gonna happen as Drouin would likely sign in Europe wayyyyyyyyyy before returning to the Q as a 20 years old. But seeing what has been going on in Tampa with Drouin it makes your wonder, what if? Let's speculate a little here.

The first question to ask is: does Halifax still has Drouin on their list? I'm gonna guess no. He is an overager that was basically a lock to stay in the NHL/AHL and the trade deadline has passed. Halifax must have needed the space on their protective list.

So would that make a him a free agent? Could he sign with any team in the CHL?

Also, what is the deadline for Drouin to come back, if he intends to do so? I mean, junior teams cant add guys in the middle of the playoffs. There must be a deadline.

There is a deadline. Or there was. It's passed now.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
There is a deadline. Or there was. It's passed now.

Well Mikhail Grigorenko was sent back to the Québec City Remparts on January 12, 2014. That was one week after the trade deadline.

So are you sure the deadline has passed? Do you even know when the deadline is for playoffs roster?

Are you a Halifax fan? Do you know if Drouin is still on their protected list?

I'd just like to know the rules for sure. It's just an interesting question all-around, and if this happened to a lower-profile player than Drouin than maybe the player would actually be coming back to the Q and people would be wondering.

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Well Mikhail Grigorenko was sent back to the Québec City Remparts on January 12, 2014. That was one week after the trade deadline.

So are you sure the deadline has passed? Do you even know when the deadline is for playoffs roster?

Are you a Halifax fan? Do you know if Drouin is still on their protected list?

I'd just like to know the rules for sure. It's just an interesting question all-around, and if this happened to a lower-profile player than Drouin than maybe the player would actually be coming back to the Q and people would be wondering.

There's a trade deadline, and then about a week after there is a roster freeze. You can still add FAs and Waiver pickups (eg. Gadoury, Hunter, Sorrentino) post trade deadline.

Drouin is still on our protected list I believe. But it's a moot point now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad