Would Christian Ehrhoff Be An Upgrade To Our Bottom Pairing?

TheSenator

The other guys
Apr 4, 2013
Ottawa, ON
He was just waived by the Kings. Would he be a fit here?

His contract is only 1.5mx1yr so he's pretty cheap but I haven't watched him play much so I'm not sure if he'd be worth it. Would he be an upgrade over boro/claesson/weir?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Pointless

Boro - Wideman is gonna be a fine third pairing

No need to add salary for no reason other than to see if maybe we could use a bit of an upgrade

Wideman is need of a contract and he's been rather fine, might as well give him the ice time

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
I haven't seen Ehrhoff play in a while.

But to answer the question anyway - YES. Like, of course he's better at hockey than our worst defensemen.

Weircioch has glaring flaws and has plateaued - so when you argue for him you'r mentioning his age rather than play. And whenever you talk about Boro you talk about what a great guy he is... like you're setting up a buddy with a fat chick. Because the fact is Boro's not good at hockey.

I'm ok with both much more today, however, b/c they're bottom pairing guys now. Hooray Murray!

Would like to see Boro/Wideman for a dozen or so games and see of that can work. Would rather have Ehrhoff than Weircioch - especially if we ever made the playoffs (ha!).

Unless Ehrhoff has been broken or something and I didn't hear about it.

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
Probably.

Have to believe that a team below us in the standings will pick him up before we even get the chance, that; and the fact that BM is likely done tinkering with the defense this year.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
you claim ehrhoff and get rid of wier, worst case ehrhoff is our #7 dman but we save half a million, best case ehrhoff is an upgrade over boro. Sounds like a win either way

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I believe it's more that Ehrhoff's style does not fit Daryl Sutter's coaching.

He might be an upgrade to Wideman, but I think he'd need a stay at home type as his partner.

Back in his San Jose days, would have loved to see him here.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Yes, and try your damn hardest to Move one of Wier/Boro if not waive one of em.

I would be amazed if either are waived especially Boro who this organization seem to love. I think Wiercioch could be a draft day deal for a pick or during the summer possibly in a package for a young prospect or player. I don't think they will let him go for nothing just yet. Remember a lot of people wanted to get rid of Greening & Cowen for nothing & BM waited until he actually was able to move both without losing them for nothing.

TheSenator

The other guys
Apr 4, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Probably.

Have to believe that a team below us in the standings will pick him up before we even get the chance, that; and the fact that BM is likely done tinkering with the defense this year.

Philadelphia
Arizona
Vancouver
Calgary
Winnipeg
Buffalo
Columbus
Toronto
Edmonton

Those are the teams below us in the standings; it's possible he could fall to us if Murray's interested.

IMO that would be a huge 'W' for GM BM and if everything pans out it could mean solidifying our putrid d-core in under a week.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
The way he's been playing in the last two year I really don't know if he would be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad