Would Canada have won gold with Bertuzzi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
cyclops said:
Another valid question would be..............would Russia have won gold or even silver if they had shown up with heart and competed right from the puck being dropped in that game.not that you would ask that since............................

Since what? Would you care to elaborate? Or was that just a brilliant comeback?

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
It wouldn't surprise me if Canada would have lost to Slovakia with Bertuzzi in the lineup. He's the kind of player Slovakia would have feasted on: out of shape, lazy, and prone to taking dumb penalties.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Epsilon said:
It wouldn't surprise me if Canada would have lost to Slovakia with Bertuzzi in the lineup. He's the kind of player Slovakia would have feasted on: out of shape, lazy, and prone to taking dumb penalties.

I don't know about lazy, but definitely out of shape and prone to taking dumb penalties (not to mention being the author of some real nasty cheapshots in past World Championships tourneys).

So, in summary: no.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Boucicaut said:
I don't know about lazy, but definitely out of shape and prone to taking dumb penalties (not to mention being the author of some real nasty cheapshots in past World Championships tourneys).

So, in summary: no.

Bertuzzi is one of the laziest players in the NHL. He's the Kevin Nash of hockey. ;)

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Nopes, wouldn't have changed anything pretty much.

Canada would've won gold with a great goalie who has played, for example, Theodore.

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
Epsilon said:
you got that one right - they would've been slashing , hooking , holding , pinching , kneeing , elbowing , chattering all sorts of nasty criminal talk in his ear , spitting , butt - ending , slew - footing , and then when he finally snapped - turtle-ing -

wouldn't have been pretty - probably better for bert to chill a little while longer - and ease into it

espo*

Diaboli said:
Since what? Would you care to elaborate? Or was that just a brilliant comeback?
Since what? what are you saying here? your point is?
O.k.......if that's the game here............would Russia have won with a young Valeri Kharlamov and petrov backstopped by a young Tretiak.

We can play this all day.................like the what are you listening to thread in the lounge.

Here.i'll make the next one.Would Canada have won with a 23 year old messier and Gretzky?

What was your original point anyway? are you playing games or being serious? This if we had ,if they had...........how was his original thread question different then what came out of your post.Brilliant indeed!!! Russia coming back if.........they lost...........it's over.There is no time machine.

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
cyclops said:
Since what? what are you saying here? your point is?
O.k.......if that's the game here............would Russia have won with a young Valeri Kharlamov and petrov backstopped by a young Tretiak.

We can play this all day.................like the what are you listening to thread in the lounge.

Here.i'll make the next one.Would Canada have won with a 23 year old messier and Gretzky?

What was your original point anyway? are you playing games or being serious? This if we had ,if they had...........how was his original thread question different then what came out of your post.Brilliant indeed!!! Russia coming back if.........they lost...........it's over.There is no time machine.

That was probably the most confusing post I've read :dunno:

Your post said:
not that you would ask that since............................
So I wanted to know, how it continues.

I merely continued the path layed in the first post here. I gave Russia the nod. Then you said something about heart and determination.
I can continue. What if Henriksson had kept his line through the whole game, and not just the first period?

I would also like to know, why you seem to take this personally? :dunno:

I'm just trying to keep up the conversation, and said some valid points IMO, and you seem to take it personally. Don't really understand why, since I wasn't attacking against anyone. :shakehead

espo*

Diaboli said:
That was probably the most confusing post I've read :dunno:

Your post said:

So I wanted to know, how it continues.

I merely continued the path layed in the first post here. I gave Russia the nod. Then you said something about heart and determination.
I can continue. What if Henriksson had kept his line through the whole game, and not just the first period?

I would also like to know, why you seem to take this personally? :dunno:

I'm just trying to keep up the conversation, and said some valid points IMO, and you seem to take it personally. Don't really understand why, since I wasn't attacking against anyone. :shakehead
Attacking? no......baiting? absolutely!! Hey,the thread had to do with whether Bertuzzi could have gotten Canada to gold...........you seemed to think it had to do with whether Russia would have won with Khabibulin or Nabokov............get my drift? there is nothing confusing about that.Regardless of if you thought the thread was silly i don't see why your opinion of his thread would include any remark centered on "but you would'nt ask that....you're Canadian" how did that get in there? is he allowed as a registered member to put a thread in? The thread had nothing to do with Russia at all..............yet i could have sworn it did with your remark..........you made it a thread on Russia and to what purpose? It's called baiting and you engaged in it.............that's what bothers me.

Absolutely nothing difficult to understand about that and you know it,drop the smoke and mirrors and feigning ignorance stuff,at least do that!!! No need to hide behind...."most confusing post ever stuff" because you know exactly what i meant and what you said. If you go around stirring the sand up someone is likely to eventually take you up on it and i think they should.Putting a shaking head icon in can only fool and detract so many people from your game.

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
cyclops said:
Attacking? no......baiting? absolutely!! Hey,the thread had to do with whether Bertuzzi could have gotten Canada to gold...........you seemed to think it had to do with whether Russia would have won with Khabibulin or Nabokov............get my drift? there is nothing confusing about that.Regardless of if you thought the thread was silly i don't see why your opinion of his thread would include any remark centered on "but you would'nt ask that....you're Canadian" how did that get in there? is he allowed as a registered member to put a thread in? The thread had nothing to do with Russia at all..............yet i could have sworn it did with your remark..........you made it a thread on Russia and to what purpose? It's called baiting and you engaged in it.............that's what bothers me.

Absolutely nothing difficult to understand about that and you know it,drop the smoke and mirrors and feigning ignorance stuff,at least do that!!! No need to hide behind...."most confusing post ever stuff" because you know exactly what i meant and what you said. If you go around stirring the sand up someone is likely to eventually take you up on it and i think they should.Putting a shaking head icon in can only fool and detract so many people from your game.

I know exactly what I said, and that is exactly why your remarks are more than very hard to understand. As was your previous post.

Since I don't know what baiting means, I can't really have any kind of opinion on that on my, or your, behalf.

Nothing wrong with my post. Like you might notice, I'm not the only poster here, that says other nations could go to this iffy-game if they wanted.

And yes, I honestly do think your post was very confusing. I see no correlation to my posts. Where was old retired players like Tretjak and Gretzky mentioned earlier? Not in my post, but in yours. What did that have anything to do with Khabibulin and Nabokov not playing :dunno:

You're walking on pretty thin ice, when you say that Russia has nothing to do with this thread, and so I shouldn't talk about it. Why aren't you saying these same things to posters who mention Blake, Pronger, Theodore, Elias, Hejduk, Torres, Cloutier, Sundin etc.? It's not like they have anything to do with the title either, do they?

I don't lie, nor try to deceive fellow posters here, unlike you hinted before. So again :shakehead

espo*

Diaboli said:
I know exactly what I said, and that is exactly why your remarks are more than very hard to understand. As was your previous post.

Since I don't know what baiting means, I can't really have any kind of opinion on that on my, or your, behalf.

Nothing wrong with my post. Like you might notice, I'm not the only poster here, that says other nations could go to this iffy-game if they wanted.

And yes, I honestly do think your post was very confusing. I see no correlation to my posts. Where was old retired players like Tretjak and Gretzky mentioned earlier? Not in my post, but in yours. What did that have anything to do with Khabibulin and Nabokov not playing :dunno:

You're walking on pretty thin ice, when you say that Russia has nothing to do with this thread, and so I shouldn't talk about it. Why aren't you saying these same things to posters who mention Blake, Pronger, Theodore, Elias, Hejduk, Torres, Cloutier, Sundin etc.? It's not like they have anything to do with the title either, do they?

I don't lie, nor try to deceive fellow posters here, unlike you hinted before. So again :shakehead
Would'nt the post have more to do with the Czechs then the Russians? we beat them yes? Khabibulin comes into this where? and where does "since you're Canadian you would'nt ask that" come into it? If you can explain that i'll be satisfied so........ :dunno: The thread was about Bertuzzi increasing Canada's chances of winning gold.I said i did'nt think he would.Russia was put out by us in the semi's.......Khabuilin enters in ...............where?He does'nt have a Czech passport after all.

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
cyclops said:
Would'nt the post have more to do with the Czechs then the Russians? we beat them yes? Khabibulin comes into this where? and where does "since you're Canadian you would'nt ask that" come into it? If you can explain that i'll be satisfied so........ :dunno:

Czechs were covered earlier, so I took the Russians. You did play against them, didn't you? Sweden was mentioned here too, why not pick on that, they didn't even play against you in the "death matches", did they?

That Canadian thing wasn't meant as an insult, as you seem to think. I've just noticed, that many Canadians don't seem to see farther than their own nose, when it comes to Team Canada. It's not an insult, just an observation. You seem to be the only one taking that as an insult, but if others have perceived it as that as well, I apologize.
Satisfied with my explanation?

The thread was about Bertuzzi increasing Canada's chances of winning gold.I said i did'nt think he would.Russia was put out by us in the semi's.......Khabuilin enters in ...............where?He does'nt have a Czech passport after all.

Don't forget, that this was a tournament, it wasn't just a sum of one game. If Khabibulin had played in the semis, maybe you hadn't even made the finals, who knows.

superstar436

Mar 4, 2004
players like Richards, Lecavalier, St-louis, sakic, Iginla, Blake, neidermayer, Pronger and Lemieux would have helped us more. So for Bertuzzi no !!!!!!!!!!!1111

espo*

Diaboli said:
Czechs were covered earlier, so I took the Russians. You did play against them, didn't you? Sweden was mentioned here too, why not pick on that, they didn't even play against you in the "death matches", did they?

That Canadian thing wasn't meant as an insult, as you seem to think. I've just noticed, that many Canadians don't seem to see farther than their own nose, when it comes to Team Canada. It's not an insult, just an observation. You seem to be the only one taking that as an insult, but if others have perceived it as that as well, I apologize.
Satisfied with my explanation?

Don't forget, that this was a tournament, it wasn't just a sum of one game. If Khabibulin had played in the semis, maybe you hadn't even made the finals, who knows.
Personally,i just think it's anything Canadian in hockey that bothers you,maybe i'm wrong but what i see tells me otherwise.You are'nt the only one if so.It's us against the world in the hockey circles.But if you are you are..........just shows me we canuck fans gotta stick together because...............in 2005,it ain't gonna get any easier.But we'll pull through.With or without Bertuzzi,Lemieux..................you name him.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Bertuzzi wouldn't have helped, as has been mentioned numerous times, Canada's problem was defense not offense...that said, the US has to go younger...this team was just way to old to compete, get some young guys in there and yes i might be biased, but Arnason and Malone would have helped them out a lot

dawgbone

Jun 24, 2002
mattihp said:
Canada would've won gold with a great goalie who has played, for example, Theodore.

Not likely.

It's tough to win games when you don't score a goal.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
mattihp said:
Nopes, wouldn't have changed anything pretty much.

You mean Canada would have won 0 to -1? Need to see one of those games happen.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
waseem said:
players like Richards, Lecavalier, St-louis, sakic, Iginla, Blake, neidermayer, Pronger and Lemieux would have helped us more. So for Bertuzzi no !!!!!!!!!!!1111

Again, that's not the case here. Bertuzzi wanted to play in this tournament - the rest of them didn't.

f1nn

Jan 12, 2004
Espoo, Finland
would FInland have won if they had Koivu, Selanne, Kiprusoff, and all their top Dmen?

EDIT: and can't forget Jere Lehtinen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->