Would Canada have won gold with Bertuzzi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Not a chance. How would have another rusty forward boosted Canada's chance of winning gold? Would Bertuzzi have notched four points against the stiffling Czechs? Not likely.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I think Canada would have won, Bertuzzi's size and intimination alone bring great attributes to the team. Bertuzzi also has grerat hands and would have been uncontainable infront of the net.

People really forget how great/big of a force Bertuzzi was when playing. Lets see Kubina or Fischer move Bertuzzi in front.

Phanuthier*

I don't think so. On paper, it would have looked great, but the biggest downfall of that team had to be conditioning, dicipline and timing, and obviously, Bertuzzi would not have helped that - and only made it worse. Tack onto the fact that it would be his first game after Moore sucker punch (sorry) and the problems that plagued Team Canada would only be worse, not better.

Personally... what Team Canada needed was defenseman with their game together. The biggest addition would have been Adam Foote IMO (with his timing together, that is, and Niedermayer / Pronger / Blake would have helped.

The Joker*

If he woulda made the team, I hate Bertuzzi, he sucks, he would have made us worse.

The Joker*

Jason MacIsaac said:
Don't you wish Torres was 6`3 245 with offense.
Don't you wish Cloutier was 5 or 6 anything and could stop a puck?

The Joker*

Mr Sakich said:
if bertuzzi would have played defence instead of Jovo, maybe
Or maybe get rid of the Canucks players all together, they don't seem to do much on or off the ice.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Jason MacIsaac said:
I think Canada would have won, Bertuzzi's size and intimination alone bring great attributes to the team. Bertuzzi also has grerat hands and would have been uncontainable infront of the net.

People really forget how great/big of a force Bertuzzi was when playing. Lets see Kubina or Fischer move Bertuzzi in front.

Considering his style of play, he would have been effective, but not like he is in the NHL. The big ice would have limited his effectiveness to some extent.
If Canada could've had another forward, they'd be better off with a Sakic/Kariya/Briere style player. JMHO

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
Considering he didn't play this year, I don't think so. Just another one one of those Heatley, Marleau, Doan.... who don't live up to the expectations.

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
No offense, but this truly is a stupid topic. Your problems weren't in scoring, so why "improve" it?

A more valid question would be, "would Russia have won gold, if Khabibulin or Nabokov would have played?"

Not that you'd ask that, since you're Canadian..

espo*

Unless bertuzzi could have turned into bobby Orr i don't see how he could have changed the result for us.He's not that big a difference maker,especially with a defense that had about two guys playing at or near their potential.

espo*

Diaboli said:
No offense, but this truly is a stupid topic. Your problems weren't in scoring, so why "improve" it?

A more valid question would be, "would Russia have won gold, if Khabibulin or Nabokov would have played?"

Not that you'd ask that, since you're Canadian..
Another valid question would be..............would Russia have won gold or even silver if they had shown up with heart and competed right from the puck being dropped in that game.not that you would ask that since............................

Lionel Hutz

Apr 13, 2004
Locking the Lounge??
I have trouble with comments to the effect that he sucks, or whatever. Bert is a game breaker, plain and simple. He would have made the team better, and its possible he could have influenced the outcome. Beyond the fact that he would have made the team better, its anyone's guess.

espo*

he can be a game breaker but that team had some serious concerns,concerns i don't think one man could have overcome.

mackdogs*

A better question is: Would canada have won silver if Bertuzzi was on the team.
My answer: no. We wouldn't have taken away any medal with him on the team.

espo*

mackdogs said:
A better question is: Would canada have won silver if Bertuzzi was on the team.
My answer: no. We wouldn't have taken away any medal with him on the team.
Why would that be?

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Teezax said:
It's time we wake up and smell the facts, Bertuzzi is a has been.
How can he be a has been after one poor season where he stil had a little under a PPG. The two seasons before that he had 97 and 85 points.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Radomon said:
Would Sweden have won with Forsberg or Sundin? Yepp!

The situation's a little different.. Forsberg and Sundin would be comparable to Blake, Pronger, Niedermayer, Iginla, Sakic, Lemieux, Lecavalier, Richards, and St Louis

Bertuzzi couldn't play because of his suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->