Speculation: Would Buffalo be interested in Zaitsev?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Zaitsev is much loved by Leafs fans for his notable skills, such as, and
No, Zaitsev seems to be the latest whipping boy. There have been three this year: Gardiner, Hainsey and now Zaitsev. However, he is a good defender. Plays the PK and has some scoring though he hasn't shown it since his first year. Recently, he has provided more.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
No, Zaitsev seems to be the latest whipping boy. There have been three this year: Gardiner, Hainsey and now Zaitsev. However, he is a good defender. Plays the PK and has some scoring though he hasn't shown it since his first year. Recently, he has provided more.
Really? He has been a whipping boy for 2 years in the Leafs GDT. Only way Sabres take Zaitsev is for Okposo.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
This isn't legitimate interest as much as the Toronto Sun looking to dump Zaitsev on someone. They're the same people who claim Toronto honorably rebuilt yet what Buffalo did was a travesty.
To be fair, Toronto finished 15 points ahead of where Buffalo did in 2014-15 when the Leafs finished last and got Matthews. And the goal diff. was on a different planet.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
In other news Buffalo Sabres take unusual step of replying directly

Steve Simmons and Toronto Sun; “Would Buffalo be interested in Zaitsev?

Sabres; “Would anyone?”

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Of course... EVERY GM will jump on a low 2nd round pick and a career AHLer to take on that putrid contract!

Think Sandin or Liljegren. Any other pieces aren't gonna be good enough.
oh buddy, I just want to make a collection of everyone who thinks like you, just so when Zaitsev is traded for nothing close to this, we can all laugh at you.

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country

So he has some scoring ability even though he hadn't shown it in two years? How much longer do we have to wait to see it again?

He's basically a faster, less talented Ron Hainsey with no hockey sense whatsoever. Sadly I mean Hainsey this year, not in his prime.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
So he has some scoring ability even though he hadn't shown it in two years? How much longer do we have to wait to see it again?

He's basically a faster, less talented Ron Hainsey with no hockey sense whatsoever. Sadly I mean Hainsey this year, not in his prime.
He is more than that. If you had continued read, you would have seen that he has provided more recently. "Recently, he has provided more."

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Sure, when ever the Leafs decide I suppose. In two or three years I think he will still be under an NTC.

It takes two teams to make a deal...

Zaitsev has negative value at the moment and cap space is worth a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->