Would anyone pick Mikko Rantanen after Connor McDavid, before Jack Eichel in a 2015 re-draft?

Would anyone pick Mikko Rantanen after Connor McDavid, before Jack Eichel in a 2015 re-draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

luki here

Jan 30, 2011
Vienna
What about marner?
My top 5

Mcd
Eichel
Aho
Rantanen
Marner

Everyone after mcdavid very close but chose this order due to position/production so far.
So why is Barzal behind Marner if your ranking is based on position/production?

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
No. Great player, but I can't see him achieving similar results if he were dropped on Buffalo in Eichel's stead and asked to shoulder those same expectations.

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
So why is Barzal behind Marner if your ranking is based on position/production?

Because i forgot about him allready mentioned he,d be second after mcdavid probably due to his stellar rookie season (sorry eichel ppg as c in first season is insane) love eichel too tho 2015 is turning out to be really strong draft. Still amazed at aho being a second round draft pick.

Reactions: luki here

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
If Rantanen is the second best player in this draft he's about to make $10 million when he reaches RFA status.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Maybe a team with crazy high end center depth and an equal wealth of d-men.
Can't think of a team that had that luxury though, not even those drafting late in the 1st, so I voted no.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
What about marner?
My top 5

Mcd
Eichel
Aho
Rantanen
Marner

Everyone after mcdavid very close but chose this order due to position/production so far.

Flip a coin for me. Do you prefer the bigger magician or the smaller, quicker wizard? Which does your roster need more?

All three are amazing, even I’m taking Mikko over Mitch & Aho, just because of the stylistic fit next to MacK...though Barzal’s in the conversation to.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Boy I was afraid Avs would take Crouse I guess so far my doubts were right. Also I am grateful that Sharks took Meier instead of Rants.

Whats funny is that the entire site here acted as if Crouse was radioactive all year while the usual draft media sung his praises

Not often does HF call a shot like that before the player is picked and eventually busts

Reactions: Spilot23

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
Hmm think about it... Points by the last season and this season so far. Also it looks like Rantanen is still getting better and better as Eichel has been as good as 2 past and this season.

Jack Eichel: 76 games 73 points

Mikko Rantanen: 90 games 100 points

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Hmm think about it... Points by the last season and this season so far. Also it looks like Rantanen is still getting better and better as Eichel has been as good as 2 past and this season.

Jack Eichel: 76 games 73 points

Mikko Rantanen: 90 games 100 points
Rantanen plays on a line with Mackinnon and Landeskog...Eichel plays with trash compared to those 2.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
I would pick Aho ahead of Rantanen but they are similar level of talents. Barzal, Marner and Eichel is in same category too but Eichel seems to float at times when these other players are more consistent. I like Provy alot but he have not proved to belong in this group. He has potential to reach that level.

My usnerame aside, just curious When does Eichel float? Name the game, id love to know. Because even In the games he got 0 or 1 points this year he either had 8 quality scoring chances and five shots (san Jose) or picked to be first star of the game despite numerous others with multi pt games against and he had just one. (ducks game)

The teams round him can’t score when he’s not involved pretty much, He was in the ice for four of the five goals against LA despite getting just one point and finishing plus four, and every game is matched up against the Diughtys Kopitar it Fowler Lindholn Kesler or Getzlaf.

His skating style may look like he floats of the conservative approach he takes when entering the offensive zone. He is patient and should probably shoot more despite being fifth in shot in the NHL, but because he has an authentic way about his skating, those strides are done with such ease and is a sight to see, but it makes him look a “floater” when he’s just playing his game. The balance and mobility h possesses is astonishing. That ability to protect the puck once he enters the opposing teams zone is frightening. He’s not perfect but this season so far I’ve yet to see one forward on the other team take the puck off his stick when he enters their zone. He can do it without looking like he’s trying which is why I think some make the mistake that he “floats.”

I love me some Rantanen but Jack has 130 pts in his last 137 games without even a landeskog let alone Mackinnon on his line. The team simply can’t score without him on the ice for the most part. He was a plus four against LA and they just put Jeff Skinner with him and now he’s got four goals in his last two games after one in the previous 6 without Eich. Even Pominville is also getting in the sheet as he’s the RW they put with him.

Making him captain was a smart move because he’s accountable amjn both ends of the ice. I’ve never seen him work this hard at both ends then this year.

Last edited:

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Nope,

Eichel's breakout is coming. I was sure it was going to be this year, but his slow start has me a bit worried. Regardless, it's not too long before Eichel is a point per game player every year.

What a draft though...McDavid, Eichel, Rantanen, Barzal, Marner, Werenski, Provorov, Boeser, Connor, Chabot, Konecny....wow.

Why can’t it be this year? Eichels big breakout? Besides Eichels always outproduced even Mackinnon in the same season and Jack missed two months doing it while Mackinnon played the whole year in 16-17.

But yeah rantanen is ahead....Lol

Not saying YOU are saying that I’m just saying some in the thread. Not many thankfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad