Would anyone pick Mikko Rantanen after Connor McDavid, before Jack Eichel in a 2015 re-draft?

Would anyone pick Mikko Rantanen after Connor McDavid, before Jack Eichel in a 2015 re-draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Mcdavid first

Eichel/Barzal
Marner/Aho/Rantanen/Boeser
Connor/Konecny

Pretty insane draft in my opinion
Boy I was afraid Avs would take Crouse I guess so far my doubts were right. Also I am grateful that Sharks took Meier instead of Rants.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Eichel is more talented than Rantanen, but Rantanen may end up being the more productive player. Still don’t think I could pass on Eichel though. You gotta think he shows up eventually.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Last year i said Rantanen was at #5 but now hes making an arguement for anything up to #2. Great to see him get the recognition he deserves. Right now i stick to what i said last year but could easily change again

Mcdavid
Jeichel
Barzal
Provorov
Rantanen

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
I wouldn't. But the way the question is formed... yes, someone with a below average eye for hockey might. So, yes?

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Rantanen puts a 90-95 pt season, Eichel continues his current career pace this season, would that change minds?
sure its not always about points, but still...would that point total make any difference? Eichel still better?

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
I look back at it as:

McDavid
Eichel/Barzal/Provorov
Marner/Rantanen/Aho
Werenski/Chabot
Boeser/Connor/Meier
Konecny/Hanifin/Debrusk/Dunn
Beauvillier/Roslovic/Cirelli/White/Dermott/Carlo

Still waiting to get a good grasp on Strome, Crouse, Juulsen, Erikson-Ek, Sprong, Greenway, Terry, Fischer etc. and decide if Zacha has capped out.

At this point, I’d say my top-31 would be:

McDavid
Barzal
Eichel
Provorov
Marner
Aho
Rantanen
Werenski
Chabot
Boeser
Connor
Meier
Konecny
Debrusk
Dunn
Hanifin
Beauvillier
Roslovic
Dermott
Carlo
Cirelli
White
Strome
Juulsen
Sprong
Zacha
Crouse
Fischer
Greenway
Erikson-Ek
Terry

Guys like Samsonov and Larsson might warrant being up there based on projected potential.

Reactions: LordNeverLose

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
I still think Eichel goes 2nd in a redraft.
Yeah, probably. Depends on this year, though. In terms of general support and lack of scoring depth, I’d say that he and Barzal are in very similar positions. If one impresses significantly more, I think that guy - whoever it is - should be ranked second.

Provorov hasn’t been outstanding yet this year but definitely has the ability to make a push for the Norris IMO. That would further tangle things. He’s really good.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Yeah, probably. Depends on this year, though. In terms of general support and lack of scoring depth, I’d say that he and Barzal are in very similar positions. If one impresses significantly more, I think that guy - whoever it is - should be ranked second.

Provorov hasn’t been outstanding yet this year but definitely has the ability to make a push for the Norris IMO. That would further tangle things. He’s really good.
Chabot Aho Werenski Marner Barzal Rantanen Provorov and ofcourse Eichel could all end up in the discussion as second best player in this draft when its all said and done. I have Rantanen 2 personally.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
Just watched the Avalanche-Sabres game the other day. To me Eichel is probably the most entertaining player to watch when he has the puck in offensive zone. He has some sick skill. Problem is that it doesn't show on the score sheet enough. At the end of this season it might be a common opinion that Rants would go before Eichel in re-draft if Eichel doesn't step his game to a more productive level. Provorov is perhaps litte overrated too. I mean he is really good but he's no Karlsson, Doughty etc. Also the jury is out with Barzal. He played great season last season but he had Tavares so this season tells us better what he can do or can't as first line guy taking tough match ups.
So for me the order would be right now:
1.Mcdavid
2.Eichel(but maybe not for long)
3.Rantanen
4.Barzal
5.Aho
6.Provorov
7.Marner
8.Boeser
9.Chabot
10.Connor

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Nope,

Eichel's breakout is coming. I was sure it was going to be this year, but his slow start has me a bit worried. Regardless, it's not too long before Eichel is a point per game player every year.

What a draft though...McDavid, Eichel, Rantanen, Barzal, Marner, Werenski, Provorov, Boeser, Connor, Chabot, Konecny....wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad