Proposal: Would any team take the Lucic contract for multiple picks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
I’d consider a move that includes Eriksson... but oilers would have to add a good sweetener for the extra year we’d have to take on + Loui has been better too.

Eriksson contract is as bad as Lucic. Erikson only has 21 tps and Lucic 16. IN no way shape or form has Eriksson been that much better. I bash oiler fans pretty hard when they get delusional, but you my friend may have been sipping someone's coolaid too much. When you guys do end up moving Eriksson, the sweetner will be just a step down from the sweetner the oilers need to move Lucic.
Eriksson

Reactions: Frank Drebin

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Before the Koskinen signing, I thought that a Lucic+picks/high end prospects for Schneider from NJ would have made sense, but not anymore.

Oilers should just hold onto Lucic, don't think any team will be interested in taking that contract on until another 2-3 years are over on it.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Eriksson contract is as bad as Lucic. Erikson only has 21 tps and Lucic 16. IN no way shape or form has Eriksson been that much better. I bash oiler fans pretty hard when they get delusional, but you my friend may have been sipping someone's coolaid too much. When you guys do end up moving Eriksson, the sweetner will be just a step down from the sweetner the oilers need to move Lucic.
Eriksson
My point is that even a bad contract for contract move Canucks still wouldn’t offer anymore for him. I highly doubt many other teams would either.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Before the Koskinen signing, I thought that a Lucic+picks/high end prospects for Schneider from NJ would have made sense, but not anymore.

Oilers should just hold onto Lucic, don't think any team will be interested in taking that contract on until another 2-3 years are over on it.
Moot point, but why would Edmonton add to Lucic (who is still an NHL player) for Schneider, who has an equally bad contract, and worse play?

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Moot point, but why would Edmonton add to Lucic (who is still an NHL player) for Schneider, who has an equally bad contract, and worse play?

a) less term
b) Schneider could play backup.

It's mainly for point A. But yes, moot point. The Koskinen signing defeats this purpose as I don't think it is effective having 10.5m tied up in goalies.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
The overpay would have to be crazy to take Lucic with no retention. They'd have to retain at least 1/3 of his deal, and still give up at least a 1st to unload him. In the end, they might just be better off just keeping him and hoping for a new compliance buy out at some point.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I have no doubt Rutherford would take Lucia because literally every move JR has made since June 2017 had been awful.

Gordievsky

Jan 18, 2019
This was debated in the Oil forum a few weeks back: specifically, what us Looch's "negative value"? Is it a 1st or 2nd round pick negative, or much more?

I argued that some desperate team with a dumb GM would take him, if not this year then next, if a 2nd round pick (a high one obviously) accompanied him but that argument didnt get a lot of love.

*Bump*

Reactions: Allan92

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019

I'm so sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad