Worst Trade in CBJ Franchise History?

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Easily Beauchemin, Wright for Fedorov. We lost out on a number 1 Defenseman and a top Character guy for a washed up, lazy, overpaid has been. But then again...nobody ever said Doug MaClean made good trades or moves. That guy set our franchise back decades.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if Beachemin was, at any point during is time here, remotely close to a #1 D-Man so that you could actually justify your position? We knew he grew as a player and his new environment was a big reason for that. He could easily have maintained stagnant growth during his time here.

This is just your Anti-Federov bias coming out again.

The most hilarious part of this? "Set our franchise back decades". We haven't even been in existence for two decades. Highly comical bull-****.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Easily Beauchemin, Wright for Fedorov. We lost out on a number 1 Defenseman and a top Character guy for a washed up, lazy, overpaid has been. But then again...nobody ever said Doug MaClean made good trades or moves. That guy set our franchise back decades.

See post #54 for my response to this thought process.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
I don't by the "last ditch effort with Zherdev" portion of your thesis, but otherwise it seems fairly sound.

I recall it regularly being said that a contributing factor to acquiring Fedorov was a way to help mentor Zherdev and turn him into a more consistent player, by putting him in a locker room with one of the greatest two-way Russian born forwards in the history of the game.

But thank you--my main point supports your's--FB grew by leaps and bounds when he was playing with HHoFer Scott Neidermayer. He didn't show that in Columbus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad