Boston Bruins WORST TO FIRST JERSEYS: BOSTON BRUINS

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
HBD ranks B’s jerseys: Worst to First Jerseys: Boston Bruins | Hockey By Design

“Hey readers, Ally here taking a quick break from mask coverage to rank the sweaters of my favorite team (who just happen to be heading to the Stanley Cup Final). Having been in the NHL for nearly a century, the Bruins have worn a lot, and I mean a lot of different jerseys over the years, yet have rarely strayed from the traditional template of black and gold waist stripes and a spoked-B on the chest.”

And in the spirit of the day, here’s the Blues’:
Worst to First Jerseys: St Louis Blues | Hockey By Design

Reactions: jangerhofer

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
A thread only for nerds.....and I love it

It's fun to look back on the various jersey designs, take a breath and remember the rich history of this franchise.

Will it win us a game ...not directly ...but being a part of this history has to have an impact- however slight- in the locker room and all these little advantages add up

Reactions: sooshii

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If I never see the "Fleetcenter" era jersey's again I'll be just fine. All 3 of those sweaters represent a dark time in this franchises history in the years post Boston Garden (1995-96) up to the arrival of both Julien and the current sweaters in 2007-08. Not to mention they are just an awful design, the striping patterns, the messy logo, you name it.

I like both the Bourque/Neely era blacks and the current blacks pretty much equally. But if I could I switch out our current road whites with the whites of the Bourque/Neely era I do it in a heartbeat. Those whites are my favorite Bruin sweater. Especially watching on TV I find the gold strips of the current sweater get lost in the white while the Bourque/Neely era white the gold strips just pop really well.

Reactions: Dr Hook

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I'm triggered by the ranking of the 2010 Winter Classic jersey...

That jersey is perfection

Nah, the comic sans style B isn’t great

Those rankings are decent, though personally I. D.o.n.t think you can rank jerseys by looking at a graphic of their designs, need to see them in action.

I like the current thirds and 2019 winter classic ones the most in terms of visual style in action

Last edited:

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
My least favorite jersey is the 1995-2006 third jerseys

looks like a gold bird with a stupid-looking bear on xanax for a logo

Reactions: rfournier103

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Any jersey with brown on them Immediately goes to the bottom of my list.

I’d take the 90’s jerseys 100/100 over any of the versions with brown on them.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I loved the 95-06 Third Jerseys. I have my Samsonov & Stock signed jerseys hanging up in my house.

51pnd0GlzlL._SY445_.jpg

463b6897a9bfc26b20099d0bb4fd36a1.jpg

How can you not like these!?

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Man, the FleetCenter era jerseys are awful but they'll always have a special place in my heart as that's what they wore when I became a fan.

If I could get my hands on an authentic Ray Bourque pooh bear jersey with the 75th anniversary patch I'd be a very happy man

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
The current black jersey is by far my favorite. I prefer the Reebok incarnation, but they’re still awesome and are way better than the FleeceCenter uniforms. I have a black 2011 Stanley Cup Final Bergeron size 52 that is my playoff go-to. I love it. I also have a 2013 Stanley Cup Final Jagr that I’m thinking of renaming and renumbering. Both are authentic Edge 2.0. I might just sell the Jagr jersey... (size 52)

The 1980s jerseys are very cool, too. Not crazy about the bear, but I think besides that, they’re almost flawless.

The worst have got to be the pooh bear. At best it’s a bland jersey from a bland era.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad