Worst Sens Coach?

Worst Coach

• Total voters

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
I'd easily go with Hartsburg. Never seen a coach so completely incapable of getting anything out of a team.

Note this quote on the way out:
“I don’t get it,. They tell me they want to play like a team, but they don’t show it. They tell me they have pride in their play, but I don’t see it.” “It’s not my philosophy to have regrets. I can’t worry about what’s happened in the past. Coaches are paid to be solution-finders. Obviously I haven’t done that.”

His tenure here was just a complete hot mess. At least Paddock, Clouston and Cameron got the team to buy into a philosophy if only briefly.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
That list kinda represents as to why we have failed.....The 2 actual nhl coach,s ,are head and shoulders above the rest....

RyCam

Nov 3, 2016
Paddock gets my vote because the wheels came off entirely under his coaching and we haven't recovered since. His answer to any situation was to throw the pizza line on the ice. On most nights that season, Alfie, Heatley and Spezza were playing as much as or more than the top 4 D(sometimes as much as the top pairing), there's no way that they weren't going to get burnt out playing that way half way through the season.

RyCam

Nov 3, 2016
Did the wheels fall off because he was coach?

... Or did the wheels fall off while he was coach?

A bit of both IMO

The wheels were possibly already falling off in spite of him, but he didn't do anything to counter it and may have even accelerated it.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
A bit of both IMO

The wheels were possibly already falling off in spite of him, but he didn't do anything to counter it and may have even accelerated it.

Yeah.

I'm not saying he wasn't bad. Just questioning why you'd have him ahead of some others on that list that seem like they deserve the title a little more.

RyCam

Nov 3, 2016
Yeah.

I'm not saying he wasn't bad. Just questioning why you'd have him ahead of some others on that list that seem like they deserve the title a little more.

For the sake of simplicity, I just think he was a terrible coach, and the worst on that list IMO (Dave Allison would get the top spot out of all Sens coaches though).

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
A bit of both IMO

Between the moment that Gerber remembered he wasn't "Hasek" and Anderson was acquired, the goaltenders posted a 0.897 SV%. Alex Auld, a backup goalie, was probably the best goalie we had over those 3 1/2 seasons.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
It's probably Hartsburg but I voted Paddock. It takes a special level of incompetence to take a team that talented and ruin them. We were destroying everyone, the it just fell apart and has never really been the same since. Some good years, but nothing sustained. So he gets my vote.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad