1) Hartsburg
2) Cameron
3) Paddock
4) Clouston
5) Boucher
6) Maclean
7) Martin
8) Murray

If I had to place Allison and Bowness, I'd have Allison as the new #1 ahead of Hartsburg, and Bowness honestly probably goes between Boucher and Maclean, which is kinda sad.
That’s it. End thread.
Oh wait. Have to swap Boucher and Maclean. Macleans line combos were soooooo infuriating it made watching them lose painful. On a painful fan experience id put Maclean ahead of Boucher.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I am surprised Clouston is in second. He had no goaltender.

I think I'd have him ahead of Paddock and Cameron.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Where is Clouston now? I am pretty sure Boucher goes the way of Clouston. Down and out. HE is good at somethings but is not the full package you need in today's NHL

Last I heard Clouston got fired as a Junior coach. Maybe in the WHL? Was a while ago though

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
I'm surprised Cameron is so high. He had decent results. Finished outside bottom 10 that year our whole team was hurt.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
With all the discussion about coaching going on, I was just wondering who people felt is the worst Senators's coach. One quick note, I left out Bowness and Allison only because they would probably dominate unfairly :help:Also doubt Murray and Martin will pick up any votes.

Bowness is better than everyone on that list outside of Murray and Martin. That list really shows how terrible the coaching choices have been.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Perhaps he isn't the worst coach the Sens have had. I can't change my submission but for sure he is the coach that left me frustrated more than any other coach in Sens history

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I'm surprised Cameron is so high. He had decent results. Finished outside bottom 10 that year our whole team was hurt.
He had a bad rep among Sens fans before he was even hired because of his relationship with Melnyk and looking like he was being groomed for the job.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'm going Clouston here. As the coach of the Powell River Paper Kings, I think he could have been exceptional.
He was a .500 coach in the WHL after being relieved of his duties in Ottawa. Hartsburg was at least a good NHL D man. I liked how he played and that did more for me than Clouston ever could

Reactions: Variable26

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Voted Cameron
Hated his arrogance and his baby war with Hoffman
That being said, results spoke and threads with less votes have been locked before...

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
Hartsburg for me. Installed an amateurish and ineffective breakout that killed our offense (Cash line) and forecheck (Fisher and Neil). It was supposed to make us better defensively, but could barely get across center. It was a shooting gallery in our end all the time.

Bowness, Paddock and Clouston I feel a bit sorry for because they were stuck with atrocious goaltending. Also feel a little bad for the circumstances in Clouston's last year that were out of his control. He might not have been a good coach, but probably would have lasted longer without an avalanche of misfortune striking the team.

Reactions: swiftwin

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Speaking of Paddock, how did things go so horribly wrong in the 2007-08 season? That year I left Canada right after the 15-2 start to work at a ski resort in Japan (post university working holiday thing). Didn't have consistent/reliable internet access or a smartphone so missed out on most Sens related news. By the time I got back to Canada in April they were just barely limping into the playoffs.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
Speaking of Paddock, how did things go so horribly wrong in the 2007-08 season? That year I left Canada right after the 15-2 start to work at a ski resort in Japan (post university working holiday thing). Didn't have consistent/reliable internet access or a smartphone so missed out on most Sens related news. By the time I got back to Canada in April they were just barely limping into the playoffs.

Goaltending broke the spirit of the team until they had no hope left.

Reactions: Silencio

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Voted Clouston. Guy just seemed like a complete robot. If you can't communicate as a coach I think you're in the wrong profession.

That being said, it was a tough choice. Hartsy, Cameron, and Padds were all pretty brutal. Such a shame we didn't get someone more proven when Murray stepped away in 2007-08. Who knows what difference it would have made, but that team was so mentally frail after their 15-2 start.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
Those 2 votes for the Walrus must've been meant for Clouston or Cameron.

I'd go with Cory Clouston. Weird choice picking him out of the WHL (where he had both Draisaitl and Morrisey on that team) with a .500 record as mentioned above.

Cameron is a close second and gets the slightest of edges because the Hamburglar inflated his record when it was all said and done.

R2010

May 23, 2011
MacLean was a good coach. He just got too stubborn and sarcastic towards the end. Year 1 and Year 2 he was really good for the most part. The team respected him as well in the beginning but it just seemed that he couldn't take any constructive criticism.

pt_mck

Jul 1, 2005
Ottawa
Dave 'Sparky' Allison isn't getting enough hate around here. Peoples memories are short.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad