Worst players you've seen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Worst player I think I've seen? Steve Martinson. Had a cup of coffee with the Habs and then later I believe with the Stars but not too sure.

I once saw him hit the side boards in alone while facing the goalie. I wish I was kidding.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Wayne Gretzky, man he was a freakin joke.

but seriously, Oleg Tverdovsky in a Devils Jersey was an embarrasement to defense.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
Are we all forgetting about Montreal`s legendary enforcer in the `84 playoffs?

The one, the only.....Normand Baron

Surely there`s some Montreal fans who remember that guy

chooch*

reckoning said:
Are we all forgetting about Montreal`s legendary enforcer in the `84 playoffs?

The one, the only.....Normand Baron

Surely there`s some Montreal fans who remember that guy

he was a former bodybuilder turned player; looked like one too; dont know how well he played - never saw ice.

The Habs sure had some doozies in the 80's and 90's ie David Maley, Kent Carlsson.

MotownMadman

Oct 6, 2003
From what I saw of Denny Lambert when he was with the Predators, he looked awful. So many bad penalties that cost him team momentum and victories.

MotownMadman

Oct 6, 2003
jtuzzi21 said:
Last year in the 2nd round, the Flames made Derian Hatcher look like a giant joke on skates.

I was actually a little impressed with Hatcher in the playoffs. He played with a meanstreak (though I didn't appreciate his dirty hits) and had spirit. As bad as he looked then, he was worse in the regular season. I remember watching him play against Ottawa. I made bulldozer noises every time he touched the puck.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Manute Bol
bol_hockey2.jpg
:biglaugh:

But seriously, if we're talking NHL, it would have to be Stephane Quintal when he was on the Rangers. Now I've seen some horrible defensive play over the last ten years watching the Rangers, but Quintal was by far the worst. Worse than Eric Cairns and Boris Mironov, if you can believe that. Quintal looked so hesitant to make the simplest plays and so out of position that it was painful to watch him.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Amongst guys who actually hung around the league for a few seasons, Jay Caufield was the worst hockey player I've ever seen. Kyle Freadrich might be the worst amongst cup-of-coffee guys.

Adam Creighton scored almost 200 goals in the NHL and has no place in this thread. Neither do Cirella, Cavallini, etc.

GPF

US Bandwagon
Oct 22, 2004
Barcelona, Spain
Ricky Hayward, Boston,MA - LOL, unbelievable guy, do not know if he ever saw NHL ice (don´t believe it at all) but played some seasons here for my hometown team Frankfurt Lions in the DEL. This guy was completely inaptly. Couldn´t pass couldn´t skate couldn´t handle the stick - it still so funny remembering him when he was out on the ice trying to skate.
But - he was 6´2 and he could use his fist. At least mostly he only came out when there was trouble on the ice. Stumbled out of the bench and calmed the situation - with his fist!
Great player! Thanks for the memories Ricky ! and greetz to Boston!

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
GPF said:
Ricky Hayward, Boston,MA - LOL, unbelievable guy, do not know if he ever saw NHL ice (don´t believe it at all) but played some seasons here for my hometown team Frankfurt Lions in the DEL. This guy was completely inaptly. Couldn´t pass couldn´t skate couldn´t handle the stick - it still so funny remembering him when he was out on the ice trying to skate.
But - he was 6´2 and he could use his fist. At least mostly he only came out when there was trouble on the ice. Stumbled out of the bench and calmed the situation - with his fist!
Great player! Thanks for the memories Ricky ! and greetz to Boston!
From Toledo, Ohio ;) played 4 games for the kings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad