Post-Game Talk: Worst Pizza @ Worst Wireless, 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
RE: Green matador on Oshie goal

Alan May specifically didn't blame Green on that as it was Mrazek who was wildly off his angle. That was just a bad goal to give up to a RH shot coming down the RW.

RE: Broken hand

They mentioned if that was the case it would be 4-6 weeks that he'd be out.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
RE: Green matador on Oshie goal

Alan May specifically didn't blame Green on that as it was Mrazek who was wildly off his angle. That was just a bad goal to give up to a RH shot coming down the RW.

RE: Broken hand

They mentioned if that was the case it would be 4-6 weeks that he'd be out.

No reference made to Green matador on Oshie goal, rather it was about his reaction to Carlson's slapshot gwg where you see Green actually watch the puck pass by him and he archs his back to move out of the puck's path rather than try to block the shot. On the Oshie goal I felt Green didn't hustle enough/give full effort to get over to Oshie. https://www.nhl.com/video/carlsons-blistering-one-timer/t-283340418/c-49261303

Last edited:

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
No reference made to Green matador on Oshie goal, rather it was about his reaction to Carlson's slapshot gwg where you see Green actually watch the puck pass by him and he archs his back to move out of the puck's path rather than try to block the shot. On the Oshie goal I felt Green didn't hustle enough/give full effort to get over to Oshie. https://www.nhl.com/video/carlsons-blistering-one-timer/t-283340418/c-49261303

My bad. Yes I thought he looked lackisdasical too but Green always seemed like that when he skated since he is such a good skater.

But May did pin that one on the goalie. He was way off his angle and lost the net.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
May didn't want to pile on his old buddy!

Maybe the Goalie left that open thinking Green would be hustling over and take that angle away. Green's play often came across as lazy and lackadaisical to me.

I don't half blame him, he gets paid whether he hustles over there and eats that shot or not. I see some of our better players half assing a back check almost every game.

Last edited:

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Talk about half assing...

Ovechkin on that 4 on 4....SHEESH!

As soon as Kuz and Ovi went out on the 4 on 4 I closed my eyes...Its time for Trotz to put an end to that combo in open ice situations.

In fact that's probably why he doesn't like to use them 5 on 5. Kuznetsov is an ok defender but he can't cover for Ovi's mistakes like Backstrom can.

I bet that play is the main reason he had 14 mins TOI last night. He looked more disengaged than I have seen him in some time.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Maybe he was thinking about Al Ali and how she can lift the puck.... #dreamy #soulmate

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Regarding Ovi, I'm thinking the flu. Has been on the uptick in NOVA, schools are seeing a significant student population out. I don't know if we'll see him for tomorrow's game.

Not a Wally Pipp moment, but if there's ever a time for Vrana to make his case it'll be now with Bura on the shelf.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
OK, I was too optimistic perhaps. Even if the bone heals soon enough there is still need to get the strength back. By the looks of it the damage was done directly to the bones part of the wrist (and I mean the round red area of his wrist which they showed) so not the joint which could be many months in the worst scenario.

There should be a probability of something worse, but if it's simple bone break it shouldn't be complicated healing. Maybe they can LTIR him till the playoffs even.

In txmd we trust anyway.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Mike Green last night.:laugh:

First his "defense" on Oshie's goal then his matador like behavior on Carlson's slap shot goal where you can even see him actually arch his back away from the puck as he watches it just pass him as it flies towards the eventual GWG.

Both those plays definitely stood out to me. Tried resisting trolling my wing fan buddy for thanking them for picking up Green.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Sad thing is that Green is by far their best defenseman....

That GM has really lost his touch and hasn't adapated to the young salary cap era.

Tweedsuitcase

Sep 28, 2009
Zetterberg wasn't too impressed with us, apparently. Said Columbus is better. At least that's what I got from his quotes.

“They are really skilled, and when they can live on transitions or turnovers that they did today, they are a good team,” Zetterberg said. “Columbus, last game we played, I thought, was a tougher team to play against – they are a lot harder and they play different.

“Don't get me wrong, this is a really, really good team, but it’s a different team than Columbus.”

Also don't think our style is "wide open", but if teams want to strategize againsts us with that impression - fine with me.
“We didn’t play as good as previous game against Columbus,” Justin Abdelkader said. “We tried to make it a wide-open game like these guys like to play."

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I saw those quotes and was a bit perplexed to be honest.

Didn't they goto OT vs Cbus and got shafted by a non call?

We never seemed not in control of that game and for long stretches it seemed like a shooting gallery for us.

They got a couple breakaways out of nowhere and were generally one and done all night.

Didn't we dismantle them Corsi wise too?

Seems like sour grapes to me

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Sad thing is that Green is by far their best defenseman....

I would think Kronwall (currently injured) is their best dman.

As far as Ovie goes, you know what, I don't care.

He was a beast on Tues against the Canes. He shows up for every game, plays through every injury, goes to the All star game every year, and does all the promo stuff the Caps ask him to do, plus charity work to boot. Honestly if he wants to take game 55 off then so be it.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I would think Kronwall (currently injured) is their best dman.

As far as Ovie goes, you know what, I don't care.

He was a beast on Tues against the Canes. He shows up for every game, plays through every injury, goes to the All star game every year, and does all the promo stuff the Caps ask him to do, plus charity work to boot. Honestly if he wants to take game 55 off then so be it.

Pretty sure Kronwall is washed up. He's nowhere near the player he was a few years ago

Yeah long season and even the best players have off games

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Well then if Green is your number one dman you are in trouble indeed.

Don't they have the fewest RoW in the league??

How the mighty have fallen...

Not to mention they have a bunch of aging players on poor contracts as well as a few mediocre players on bad contracts.

They have a couple good young pieces who they bury on the depth chart for whatever reason.

Worst of all they have to play and live in Detroit....

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Detroit didn't even get our "A" game yesterday and we still stomped them. Zetterberg can **** off.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I saw those quotes and was a bit perplexed to be honest.

Didn't they goto OT vs Cbus and got shafted by a non call?

We never seemed not in control of that game and for long stretches it seemed like a shooting gallery for us.

They got a couple breakaways out of nowhere and were generally one and done all night.

Didn't we dismantle them Corsi wise too?

Seems like sour grapes to me

I look at it as the Capitals have the talent level to shift styles of play. They admitted to try play in a way to attempt to 'lure' the capitals into a more open style of play. Cbus just plays one way (from what I have seen). Thats not necessarily a bad thing but not a negative to have a team that can be a bit more flexible in its structure and talent level.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I look at it as the Capitals have the talent level to shift styles of play. They admitted to try play in a way to attempt to 'lure' the capitals into a more open style of play. Cbus just plays one way (from what I have seen). Thats not necessarily a bad thing but not a negative to have a team that can be a bit more flexible in its structure and talent level.

Well Detroit's guys seem to think we aren't as good as Columbus and that flexibility in style of play is a bad thing.

Everytime they made a push we sorta just stomped on them and did whatever we wanted.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Hand injuries are generally pretty bad. They'll usually heal rather quickly just enough that with the right treatment the player will see some ice without sitting in the press box for too long. Why they are bad though is because the damage can still be there for months after you've been fixed enough to be in game shape. For a sniper like Burakovsky that is really bad news.

I think it was Giroux who was talking about his hand injury while back and said that it lingered him for nearly the entire rest of the season when his hand was injured, and mentioned how tough it is in regards to getting power behind your shot, and taking faceoffs.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Reminds me of Umberger calling the caps out when they're crushing the league in 2010 and then they lose to Montreal in the 1st round.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Zetterberg wasn't too impressed with us, apparently. Said Columbus is better. At least that's what I got from his quotes.

“They are really skilled, and when they can live on transitions or turnovers that they did today, they are a good team,†Zetterberg said. “Columbus, last game we played, I thought, was a tougher team to play against – they are a lot harder and they play different.

“Don't get me wrong, this is a really, really good team, but it’s a different team than Columbus.â€

Also don't think our style is "wide open", but if teams want to strategize againsts us with that impression - fine with me.
“We didn’t play as good as previous game against Columbus,†Justin Abdelkader said. “We tried to make it a wide-open game like these guys like to play."
Uh…? That was not one of the Caps better games and Caps absolutely dominated the majority of the game. Wings looked good at the start of the second but otherwise Caps were dismantling them.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
That was propably overally their worst home game in a while with all the defensive breakdowns, so i don't really mind those comments. Zetterberg though should propably be far more concerned about the fact that Capitals on their off-night were ridiculously unlucky that they only scored 6 times. They had enough chances to pot 6 in the first period.

On a side note. Wilson had a really, really good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->