Post-Game Talk: Worst Pizza @ Worst Wireless, 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Trotz says Burakovsky is going to miss some time. Wouldn't surprise me if it's a broken hand.

No reason this should be a big deal. Slot in Vrana and let him do some work.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
B's have the record for 5+ in 11 straight at home.

Kuzy puck in mouth is advartar worthy #gloves

Coldplay619

Oct 17, 2010
Tim McDonough ‏@mcdonough23 17m17 minutes ago
More
How good are @Capitals right now? Scored 6 tonight and Ovechkin didn't even have a shot... only 7th time in his career he has gone without 1

Blue moon.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Why did Ovi play only 13 minutes?

I'm watching the csn replay right now where it's the "Caps in 30" and after backstroms empty netter they show team on bench and everyone is super happy but Ovi has a stare/upset look to him.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Another game, another 5+ goals. Ho hum... :P

A little sloppy but they got it done.

Shame about Burracuda but better now than later.

Hopefully Ovie gets motivated and plays better. Getzlaf should get him going. Lol.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007

I'm watching the csn replay right now where it's the "Caps in 30" and after backstroms empty netter they show team on bench and everyone is super happy but Ovi has a stare/upset look to him.

He didnt seem to have his legs tonight. It could also be due to his poor defense on the second Detroit goal.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

I don't think Ovi would be upset at anyone but himself in this situation. He had a poor game, low ice time etc. A forgettable night for him, I'm sure he'll be that much better in the next game against the Wings.

Turd Ferguson

Its a funny name
Apr 21, 2015
Canada
Backstrom is now 3rd in the league in scoring and 3 pts off of Crosby/McDavid...

Never heard of him, whose this rookie taking the league by storm, surely he must be the front runner for the Calder. :sarcasm:

I'd rather see him win the Art Ross than Ovechkin win the rocket. Obviously a cup over both those..

Haven't been seeing any games for the last month due to scheduling but I'm quite excited to get back to watching next week. Been relying on you lovely folk for updates :handclap:

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Well, good news is there should be no damage to Bura's joints, maybe a broken bone. But there should be some swelling and they possibly don't know what it is yet. A month or so maximum. Could be worse!

If it's a bruise he's back in a week.

A slash to Kuzy's wrist was more dangerous.

CapsJunkie

Beaglchuck scores
May 3, 2014
Anchorage, Alaska
I know this team is playing great right now but I am soo impressed with Eller, Connolly, and Wilson right now. Team is playing out of this world and looked tired tonight

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
We are not good at all at 4-on-4.

The Bura's injury sucks. For the first time in a decade we have a 3rd line, and now one of the member of this line is injured and it may take some time for him to get back @ 100%.

Nicky one point away from 700.

Ovi without a SOG for the first time in 4 years.
His low TOI is also maybe due because of Bura's injury. Oshie was double shift, so maybe to not overload him, the 1st line's TOI was cut tonight.

PS: for the Corsi fans. I prefer a game like against LAK than this one:popcorn:

Last edited:

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Agree about Burka's injury, it really sucks. 3rd line has been incredible for a month and Burka is a huge part of that success. The ONLY positive is Vrana plays a similar style to Burka, with a bit more "jam" to his game. Hopefully after the break he is called up, slotted into that line and they don't miss a beat.

Worse case scenario, their are exactly two months left in the season, hopefully that is enough time for Burka to heal and play a few games before the playoffs start.

Oh and note to NHL forwards, stop blocking shots, let the Michelin tire man behind you handle it.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
For me Ovechkin is the best and most complete player since Peter Forsberg, a huge favorit of mine. No one deserves a cup more than him and I write this as a Swede.

I see some similarities to Peter.

Increadible strong will for winning, extreme level of technical skill and both also being able to play a very physical game. Alexander is a much better shooter for sure (his shot is lethal), Peter had a slightly better stickhandling. Also Forsbergs winner instict is not very easy to surpass.

It would have been kind of fun if Peter and Alexander would have played at the same time in the same team, such a great show. ;-)

Last edited:

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Agree about Burka's injury, it really sucks. 3rd line has been incredible for a month and Burka is a huge part of that success. The ONLY positive is Vrana plays a similar style to Burka, with a bit more "jam" to his game. Hopefully after the break he is called up, slotted into that line and they don't miss a beat.

Worse case scenario, their are exactly two months left in the season, hopefully that is enough time for Burka to heal and play a few games before the playoffs start.

Oh and note to NHL forwards, stop blocking shots, let the Michelin tire man behind you handle it.

Yeah it's just not a broken bone it's getting the hand healthy. Hockey players put a lot of strain on their hands especially in shots. Get healthy bura don't rush it. Need you back for the playoffs. Besides gives varna a shot. I think now it's clear depth in the bottom 6 is our need at the TDL. Another injury and we're playing a vrana/Stephenson combo.....

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Well, good news is there should be no damage to Bura's joints, maybe a broken bone. But there should be some swelling and they possibly don't know what it is yet. A month or so maximum. Could be worse!

If it's a bruise he's back in a week.

A slash to Kuzy's wrist was more dangerous.

Brendan Gallagher was hit by a shot like Burt and broke his hand. He was projected to be out 8 weeks. He may come back early at around 6 weeks.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Mike Green last night.:laugh:

First his "defense" on Oshie's goal then his matador like behavior on Carlson's slap shot goal where you can even see him actually arch his back away from the puck as he watches it just pass him as it flies towards the eventual GWG.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Looks like HFCaps Sports Medicine Clinic is open for business with all the diagnoses!

The hand is pretty complex, right? No way for us to know, sitting here, how serious it really is. "Some time" can mean a game, it can mean weeks. Who knows.

Jun 15, 2007
I can't post my thoughts on Burt's hands until txMD weighs in.

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
I don't think Ovi would be upset at anyone but himself in this situation. He had a poor game, low ice time etc. A forgettable night for him, I'm sure he'll be that much better in the next game against the Wings.

concur...seems like coaching staff decision to limit his ice.

his defensive game was pedestrian, and had a maddening number of simple give-aways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad