Worst Moment

Muuri

Nov 14, 2009
First 10 minutes of USA-Finland Olympic semifinal Vancouver 2010.

ekcut

The Refs shot JFK.
Jul 25, 2007
Edmonton
The day it became public that Chris Pronger wanted out of Edmonton.
Days after playing in game 7 of the finals.
Everyday since then has been progressivly worse...
HOPEFULLY come draft day, this will reverse and everyday will getting progressivly better...

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
As a 1st generation Canucks fan, nothing was more sickening to watch than the 2005-06 season after the Olympics. The begin of the downfall of the WCE.

Some key losses included: Nashville (6 seconds into OT), Minnesota (in the SO), LA (1-0 loss), Anaheim (trailed 4-0 lost 4-2) and the two final games against San Jose.

This was the end of perhaps the most exciting offensive eras since the days of Pavel Bure, and the start of the Roberto Luongo era. Anways, I digress.

The peak of this was final game of the season against Colorado (won 4-3 in OT), all members of the WCE scored but the bittersweetness of how we were the favourites going into the year was hard. The last time I cried (also the 2nd) after the Canucks were eliminated. You knew it was the end of the WCE and proved to be when Bertuzzi was traded at the draft.

But the pain of this was well worth it as Luongo more than lived up to hype the next year. Roberto playing like that was equally as exciting because of the goalie graveyard. October 5, 2006 was the day when Canucks grew to love Bobby Lu, only to rip on him during the years coming :P

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
As a 1st generation Canucks fan, nothing was more sickening to watch than the 2005-06 season after the Olympics. The begin of the downfall of the WCE.

Some key losses included: Nashville (6 seconds into OT), Minnesota (in the SO), LA (1-0 loss), Anaheim (trailed 4-0 lost 4-2) and the two final games against San Jose.

This was the end of perhaps the most exciting offensive eras since the days of Pavel Bure, and the start of the Roberto Luongo era. Anways, I digress.

The peak of this was final game of the season against Colorado (won 4-3 in OT), all members of the WCE scored but the bittersweetness of how we were the favourites going into the year was hard. The last time I cried (also the 2nd) after the Canucks were eliminated. You knew it was the end of the WCE and proved to be when Bertuzzi was traded at the draft.

But the pain of this was well worth it as Luongo more than lived up to hype the next year. Roberto playing like that was equally as exciting because of the goalie graveyard. October 5, 2006 was the day when Canucks grew to love Bobby Lu, only to rip on him during the years coming :P

I would say worse was the actual Bertuzzi-Moore incident in 2004 (I was listening to Tom and John on the radio). Aside from the disgusting incident itself, the Bertuzzi suspension severely weakened the Canucks. Even so they took the Calgary Flames who would later make it to the finals to overtime of Game 7.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
2001. The best team the Devils have ever iced didn't win a Cup. Game 6 was rough. Up 3 games to 2 with a chance to win the Cup at home, and they couldn't get it done.

The epic collapse against Carolina last year was pretty bad, too.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
The day Sidney Crosby's mom and dad met for the 1st time.

Little did I know that years later, that fateful day would make me go from a crazed and emotional hockey fan with nothing but love and passion for the game to a casual fan with more interest in things like putting together German WW2 models and memorizing Army FM 3-90

skymachine

Aug 2, 2005
New York
Lindros scoring with ~7 seconds left at MSG in Game 4 in the 1997 ECF to give the Flyers a 3-2 lead in the game....pretty much iced the series.

Drury scoring with 7(?) seconds left to tie Game 5 of the 2007 semis BUF/NYR.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad