Worst Leaf of ALL-TIME?

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
Don’t get the Aki hate he was a serviceable D just didn’t live up to his high draft pedigree. Paul Higgins, Kurt Walker and the ultimate winner Val James, Brophys project, good God, saw him play from the first row of reds behind the net. He honestly could not skate a junior b level, not even close, Brophy was a maniac,

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I've seen some bad ones in my 35 years following the team but I've got to go with Rickard Wallin

God damn he was painful to watch

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Fortunately, I've forgotten most of them.

Wasn't Lebda put with Phaneuf (in place of Gunnarsson), and supposed to be the one to free up all of Dion's potential? He may have been a serviceable #5 or #6 D, just really, really badly used.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007

He couldn't have been so bad. A horrible Leaf GM got 2-1st round picks for him in a trade...And then went ahead and took 3 players from the Belleville Bulls with all 3 of his 1st rounders that year. Rob Pearson, Steve Bancroft, Scott Thornton

Reactions: BigBlu

Scott Malkinson

Sep 29, 2017
Anders Eriksson
Chris McAllister
Zach Sill
Ryan Hollweg
Jyrki Lumme
Andy Wozniewski
Alexander Karpovtsev
Alexander Khavanov
Alexander Suglobov
Brett Lebda
Vesa Toskala (near the end)

WWB

Jun 30, 2010
Ontario
Anders Eriksson
Chris McAllister
Zach Sill
Ryan Hollweg
Jyrki Lumme
Andy Wozniewski
Alexander Karpovtsev
Alexander Khavanov
Alexander Suglobov
Brett Lebda
Vesa Toskala (near the end)

In 1998-1999 season Alex karpotsev had 27 points in 56 games and lead the entire nhl with plus 38. He was not a great player but he was no where near the worst player in leafs history.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
The worst ever doesn’t just mean a player we are able to remember and don’t like.

I’ll repeat an earlier point that the worst ever Leaf was probably someone signed as a replacement during WW II when so many of the real players were in the military

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Not a fan of fighting are ya.....
Boxing is great! Boxing is fun! But Mixed Marital Arts men rolling around in some homoerotic aesthetic is not by thing
But fighting in hockey should be like fighting in Basketball and football, a twice a year thing but you may say"Ha!"
All sorts of former players are now dead perhaps from post concussion syndrome induced suicide as their heads take a good ding
The Leafs are bout 3 things: Speed, speed and speed and unless the goon can skate he's out of a job as we are into Euroskill now -Ta-da!!

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
Boxing is great! Boxing is fun! But Mixed Marital Arts men rolling around in some homoerotic aesthetic is not by thing
But fighting in hockey should be like fighting in Basketball and football, a twice a year thing but you may say"Ha!"
All sorts of former players are now dead perhaps from post concussion syndrome induced suicide as their heads take a good ding
The Leafs are bout 3 things: Speed, speed and speed and unless the goon can skate he's out of a job as we are into Euroskill now -Ta-da!!

This post is a beaut!

Reactions: AreBe

Scott Malkinson

Sep 29, 2017
In 1998-1999 season Alex karpotsev had 27 points in 56 games and lead the entire nhl with plus 38. He was not a great player but he was no where near the worst player in leafs history.

I watched him. He was soft as **** and made more puck mistakes than anyone on the team.

I don't care about his points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->