Worst Leaf of ALL-TIME?

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
I remember always getting nervous when ever Aki Berg was on the ice.

Leaf nation, who is the worst Leaf of all time?

After Aki Berg, the worst player as a Leaf was likely Bret Lebda.

Then again, that's like saying that the Eiffel tower is tall, and then comparing it to the Burj Dubai.

Reactions: Duffman955

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Not sure of ALL TIME because there have been some bad players in the 96 year history of the team but in recent memory, definitely Lebda. Cory Cross too.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Komiserek ... Simply because we saw many many more games with him somehow in the line up over the last few years, and nearly every shift he had me holding my breathe

Lebda is a close second

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Mikael Renberg, Sergei Berezin, Jonas Hoglund and Frederik Modin also come to mind.

Renberg was one of the 3 monsters of the Lindros- Leclair and Renberg line who dominated and put up numbers like crazy. He comes to Toronto, plays with Sundin and was rather disappointing.

Berezin was probably one of the worst players for the team. All he did was shoot. I can barely remember any of his passes. Likely the most one dimensional player the team has had in a very long time.

Hoglund did one thing very well - he missed open netters set up by Sundin. The guy could have had 30 extra points by his retirement if only Hoglund could score into a 4*6 once in a while.

And lastly Modin. Hard shot...I mean hard!! But he couldn't hit the back of a soccer net. People complained about Phaneuf's lack of accuracy earlier this season, they have no clue what it's like to have a guy who can shoot it with the best of them, but was as likely to hit the top of the glass as he was to his the corner on the boards with any one shot.

Then, there is the duo of Ponikarovsky and Antropov - so much potential, so little substance.

Not the worst per se, but some of the most disappointing in the last while.

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
I know he's a rookie (and I don't expect him to get any better), Holzer touched Lebda territory on numerous occasions.

It's gotta be Cross or Hoglund, though.

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
Lumme, lebda, Murphy

We always seem to have one horribly bad apple that plagues our defense

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
In recent years:

Brett+Lebda+Buffalo+Sabres+v+Toronto+Maple+BEVeYeyEfAKl.jpg

MastuhNinks

Apr 30, 2011
The Iron Throne
Komiserek ... Simply because we saw many many more games with him somehow in the line up over the last few years, and nearly every shift he had me holding my breathe

Lebda is a close second
Komisarek was a below-average bottom pairing defensemen but that's about it. He tends to be criticized a lot more heavily because of his contract, he isn't close to as bad as the Lebdas and Bergs of the World.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
The same Jason Blake that put up 52 points, then 63 while playing with Matt Stajan...? Sure he wasn't a superstar, but don't kid yourself.

He was the "40 goal scorer" the team hadn't had on the wings in like 15 years however. Yeah, that didn't work out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad