Worst Jersey in the NHL? (Current)

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Worst:

1 - Ducks White: The Ducks entire color scheme has been terrible since they change from Green and Purple.

2 - Capitals White: Holdover from the first days of the terrible edge re-designs. I was pumped when they started wearing the white 3rd in exclusively in the playoffs a few years ago thinking they would be going there full time, but it was not to be.

3 - Preds Yellows: Yellow and blue can make some great jerseys, but these are bland and uninspired.

HM: Lightning set(leafs ripoffs), Canes 3rd, Pens 3rd, Flames home/away set

The Flames, Ducks, Blues, Blue Jackets, and Capitals all have 3rd jerseys that should be made into their primaries.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I’m amazed I haven’t seen Rangers as a vote by anyone besides myself on here... What do you guys see in those? Or is it simply cuz they are an O6. At least the other ones being voted have actual Logos

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
These are the worst primaries by far

View attachment 163283

Yeah but they make up for it with their 3rd jersey, LOVE this jersey.....

Anaheim.jpg

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Avs & Flames - ugly jerseys.

Columbus - as an expansion team, they should have opted for a more bold color scheme.

Hurricanes - just a mess.

Arizona - not a pleasing team aesthetically.

Winnipegs - totally uninspiring.

Anaheim - generally among the worst in the league.

sexydonut

May 12, 2009
The baby blue Jets alternates are fine. The 90s look black jerseys, and the move from royal blue to navy blue, from red to brick, and from yellow to vegas gold have resulted in bland, difficult-to-discern jerseys.

The old Penguins vegas gold jerseys look as if they were left in the sun for too long.

sexydonut

May 12, 2009
What's the point of having murky brick red, murkier hunter green, and black all together? Those colors were hard to discern on tv.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
The Wild color scheme and logo.

Red and green don't mix unless we talkin' Christmas.

Pine trees and a setting sun is the best logo you can come up with for "Wild"?

Boooooooooooo

You're the state of hockey. Be better.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
I’m amazed I haven’t seen Rangers as a vote by anyone besides myself on here... What do you guys see in those? Or is it simply cuz they are an O6. At least the other ones being voted have actual Logos
Good shade of blue as the main colour, and red, white and blue always look good together.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
What's the point of having murky brick red, murkier hunter green, and black all together? Those colors were hard to discern on tv.

The dark are a little murky, but the whites are not at all.

Plus the colours and pattern are unique to the area.

Except for the logo I like it. Coming from a Jets 1.0 fan that has always disliked the Coyotes.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
thumb.aspx
thumb.aspx
thumb.aspx

First one is the worst version of what that team could have. The worst logo, the most boring pattern. Jets third is similar; worst logo (can't unsee "gets") and a head-scratcher of a color scheme. Looks overly simplistic and no red at all on a jets jersey/uniform looks weird. Pens one wasn't good in the 80's either.
...but I do like the blue in the Jets jersey. I was very disappointed the first time I saw it. While it still seems somewhat like a missed opportunity, it has actually grown on me.

Here's some advice to new teams who haven't rolled out a third jersey yet... when the fan base has waited too long for the third jersey, don't let them down in a minimalist design and a script for a logo. Go a little more creative. Save the script logo for the next third jersey.

MD93

Dec 31, 2013
This thread was inspired by the Kings who are wearing these hideous uniforms today.

0920-lak16a-hangers.png

I actually like these. I also have never understand the hate for the kings black/grey scheme.

That is awful.

Looks like the Sharks and Ducks jerseys had a baby.

I wasn't a big fan when they were released, just go full throwback IMO. However these look much better on the ice and have become one of my favorites.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC

Boooooooooooo

:wild

Pine trees, a setting sun, the North Star, and a river all arranged to resemble a bear's head? I think it's rather well done, myself.

Last edited:

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011

Boooooooooooo

I'm sure you are aware that the logo is an animal head, not a pine tree and setting sun.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
The jets 3rds are so freaking bad it blows my mind. You’ve got one of the nicest jerseys ever as a retro and this is what you go with? Absolutely atrocious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad