Worst Jersey in the NHL? (Current)

sexydonut

May 12, 2009
Ducks.

Bad color combo, bad/no logo.

Putting Daffy/Donald/Darkwing/Foghorn Leghorn on pajamas would still be an improvement.

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
This thread was inspired by the Kings who are wearing these hideous uniforms today.

0920-lak16a-hangers.png
Not much wrong with those.

If you want ugly, Oilers orange monstrosities and Ducks.

Don't get the hate for the Canucks jerseys, I think they look fine, far better than the skate spaghetti or the bland stick in rink.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
The throwback jerseys that just about every team wears full-time now. Just gross.

Also that Jets 3rd (not sure if throwback) is terrible. I actually gave them props for going with something new in 2011 instead of reverting back to their old uniforms, but everyone but me it seems hates the new look.

And any bright-colored jersey (Oilers orange, Predators yellow etc.)

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Not saying their current jerseys are the worst in the league, but the former Panthers jerseys were much better than the current ones.

Wow, I really disagree. I thought the Panthers previous set were among the worst in the league and their new uniforms are the best re-brand a team has done in many many years.

Reactions: Stingrays

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Agree that the new Jets 3rd is the worst.

What an abomination.View attachment 163337
I get why long-time Winnipeg fans might not like these because they're so radically different, but just taking it as a new jersey with no emotional connection (as I do) I think these are fine.

Minimal colors for simplicity? Check.
No embarrassing/stupid logo? Check.
Aesthetically pleasing color combos? Check.
Design not trying to look trendy/contemporary (i.e., the 90s' one that aged horribly)? Check. (This has a 'classic' look.)

They're fine.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I get why long-time Winnipeg fans might not like these because they're so radically different, but just taking it as a new jersey with no emotional connection (as I do) I think these are fine.

Minimal colors for simplicity? Check.
No embarrassing/stupid logo? Check.
Aesthetically pleasing color combos? Check.
Design not trying to look trendy/contemporary (i.e., the 90s' one that aged horribly)? Check. (This has a 'classic' look.)

They're fine.

You have bad taste :thumbu:

tfu92

Nov 8, 2018
i dont understand the hate for the nucks jerseys. personally i love em. much better than the naslund era black ones, but slightly worse than the linden/bure era ones.

on a side note, i really love the VGK gloves. the white/gold ones look awesome. like a midas touch of gold

mulletmanofusa

Nov 9, 2018
Saddens me that Vancouver have the ugliest jerseys in the NHL when they could just go back to the sunset jersey and have the best looking ones.

Refuse

Sin City Soldiers
Aug 23, 2005
thumb.aspx
thumb.aspx
thumb.aspx

First one is the worst version of what that team could have. The worst logo, the most boring pattern. Jets third is similar; worst logo (can't unsee "gets") and a head-scratcher of a color scheme. Looks overly simplistic and no red at all on a jets jersey/uniform looks weird. Pens one wasn't good in the 80's either.

Hurricane Hugo

Jun 11, 2010
South Carolina
I'm a Canes fan and I absolutely hate our new alternates. It's such an odd assortment of stripes and colors and the logo looks horrible.

The Kings continue to wear such boring uniforms and I don't understand why. Their original gold and purple uniforms were so sexy. Even the 90s/2000s purple, black and silver uniforms were better.

New Jersey ruined their beautiful uniforms for no reason when switching over to Adidas. It looks like they're trying too hard to be "modern."

Ottawa hasn't had a good uniform set in a long time. Why they stuck with the Reebok look after the switch to Adidas is beyond me.

San Jose's uniforms looked better before they removed all the stripes. They kind of look like PJs to me now.

The Caps should just switch back to their original uniforms full-time. They're 1000x better.

Reactions: AD Skinner

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
i dont understand the hate for the nucks jerseys. personally i love em.

Perhaps the fact that they have a logo that has absolutely nothing to do with the team is a big issue? Also the needless inclusion of text above the logo is an eyesore. They are just poorly thought out and poorly designed.

Reactions: Pilky01

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->