Worst Jersey in the NHL? (Current)

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Canucks need to revamp and modernize the Pavel Bure Black and Gold skate jersey.

Logo could be simplified a bit. Remove the speed lines, make it easier to read. Even possibly play around with removing or simplifying the font.

Regardless, Canucks should stay black and gold. Such a classic look.

Oilers need to stay Royal Blue. That orange triggers my gag reflex.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Canucks need to revamp and modernize the Pavel Bure Black and Gold skate jersey.

Logo could be simplified a bit. Remove the speed lines, make it easier to read. Even possibly play around with removing or simplifying the font.

Regardless, Canucks should stay black and gold. Such a classic look.

Oilers need to stay Royal Blue. That orange triggers my gag reflex.

This.

Give blue and green to Seattle.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Agree that the new Jets 3rd is the worst.

What an abomination.
thumb (1).jpeg

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
VGK hurt my eyes

Anything by the Jets because it's so minimalist and uninspired i.e the RCAF logo slapping a plane on it and a notch pointing "true north"

The Lightning's uniforms....... We're black and white goddamn it! We're not the Maple Wings

Reactions: Leon der Profi

sexydonut

May 12, 2009
All-black, navy blue, murky green is the worst. And so many teams have latched onto this outdated aesthetic.

The black & white Kings vs. the all-black Sharks was just difficult to watch. Kings jersey blended into the white background and their black pants looked like the all-black Sharks jerseys and pants. What's the point of a good tv when an old black and white conveys the same color palette?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
VGK hurt my eyes

Anything by the Jets because it's so minimalist and uninspired i.e the RCAF logo slapping a plane on it and a notch pointing "true north"

The Lightning's uniforms....... We're black and white goddamn it! We're not the Maple Wings
Honestly I like your jerseys because they are so clean and simple. I think they look nice

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Vegas jerseys would be way better without the red stripe. Placing it next to the yellow stripe makes me think of bloody urine :laugh:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Honestly I like your jerseys because they are so clean and simple. I think they look nice

A clean look but when it rained all morning the sky was a dark, nasty gray. That's what I miss about our old look. When I think of lightning, blue and white are not that come mind.

If they simply changed the colors I'd probably be happy with it

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Just curious, as a Jackets fan...what is it about our unis that you don't like? Not saying they're the best in the NHL (which, personally, I think they are. But I digress.), but I see the words "boring", "plain", and "no personality" being used. Are folks outside of Columbus unaware of the meaning of the logo (the burgee flag of the state of Ohio, curled in a "C" for Columbus, surrounding a star to represent Columbus as the capital city of Ohio), or the meaning behind the color (Ohio not only supplied more soldiers per capita to the Union cause during the Civil War, but it also manufactured a large part of the uniforms (blue jackets) for the Union Army. And the shoulder patches feature our goal cannon (which most visiting teams seem to hate, especially when it goes off several times during a game).
For me, it's the fact that there are a ton of teams already using blue and red, and there Jackets do nothing to really stand out from the pack. The colors are too dark to pop on TV, and the trim on the shoulders but no yoke is an odd design choice.

I don't think they're bad per se, but just bland and uncreative.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
There are a lot of bad jerseys in the NHL. Like that Winnipeg's 3rd.

But of regular jerseys have to say Ottawa's are awful. So ugly, and the logo is terrible too. Also really dislike Edmonton (blinding orange, whites are good), Calgary (their 3rd jersey is good), Dallas, Tampa, Anaheim, Nashville (color is fine and liked their previous jersey but the new design they have is terrible).

There are good ones too. I like St. Louis and Buffalo. The best jerseys in the league are Montreal, Chicago and Minnesota.

sexydonut

May 12, 2009
Jets 3rd jersey has a very similar color to the old Thrashers baby blue.

Ironic considering the Jets' owners want to expunge their Atlanta origins.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Looks like a 5th grader designed it in 5 minutes.

the full getup with socks and pants look like pajamas.

anyway, the Ducks, Kings, and Blue Jackets look like absolute trash. The Coyotes and Sharks both somehow found a way to make great colors (burgundy and teal) boring as hell. The Flames just need to get rid of the black, their alts are gorgeous. Nashville didn't need colorful shoulders on their away kits, and their old homes were better even with the dumb piping. The Devils shouldn't have squared off their shoulders, I don't get why that was a thing with the Adidas templates. Carolina, Florida, and Tampa are really underwhelming.

sexydonut

May 12, 2009
All-burgundy Coyotes > Burgundy and black
Original bright teal Sharks > Murky teal

Sports teams continually wearing fall and winter colors just makes them more difficult to follow.

Curling is played on the same all-white ice surface. Their stones are bright red and yellow, allowing for maximum contrast between each other and the background.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Anyone whon doesnt like the Preds yellow is insane to me. Those are such beauties.

Hate the current Flames home, but I love their 3rd. Should be their main.

Colorado is a bad logo and coloured scheme. Ducks are also so bland.

Says the guy with the logo of the worst jersey of all time as his avatar. ;)

sexydonut

May 12, 2009
Says the guy with the logo of the worst jersey of all time as his avatar. ;)

The Orca Bay era Canucks jersey was worse. Navy blue, silver, with bits of baby blue and claret. Looked like the corporate branding for a 1990s airline or grocery store. Look up Canadian Airlines.

At least the flying V had a color palette that stood out.

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
The Jets alternate definitely the worst one for me.

Side gripe: I wish Tampa would go back to their old 04 jerseys. Their current ones aren't bad but a little boring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad