Worst Jersey in the NHL? (Current)

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Hate the Caps and the Rangers but love these 2...

1aab6af73bf1c90b.jpg

s-l300.jpg

Honorable mention to the Sabres...

299949a4055d7fab.jpg

I remember going to a place called Cosby's in like 95 looking for the Emmitt Smith double star and these were out there.

Edit: Here it is and it's sitting right behind me..

emmitt-smith-authentic-apex-jersey_1_26f4166111d3d6965392f21f148b94bb.jpg

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
So you were fine with the fisherman abomination and the several terrible jerseys that followed replacing the ones worn by arguably the greatest team in hockey history?
Just because the team was great on the ice doesn’t mean the jersey was amazing, just because the team was bad doesn’t mean the jersey was bad

The isles primary is absolutely in the bottom third of the league and if you are going by out of market appeal it’s dead last, winning 4 in a row doesn’t change that

The fisherman was the epitome of 90s aesthetic and is on par with the kachina and mighty ducks jerseys, being terrible for those 2 seasons doesn’t mean it’s a bad design

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Not saying their current jerseys are the worst in the league, but the former Panthers jerseys were much better than the current ones.

puckfan64

May 4, 2007
C-bus
Just curious, as a Jackets fan...what is it about our unis that you don't like? Not saying they're the best in the NHL (which, personally, I think they are. But I digress.), but I see the words "boring", "plain", and "no personality" being used. Are folks outside of Columbus unaware of the meaning of the logo (the burgee flag of the state of Ohio, curled in a "C" for Columbus, surrounding a star to represent Columbus as the capital city of Ohio), or the meaning behind the color (Ohio not only supplied more soldiers per capita to the Union cause during the Civil War, but it also manufactured a large part of the uniforms (blue jackets) for the Union Army. And the shoulder patches feature our goal cannon (which most visiting teams seem to hate, especially when it goes off several times during a game).

Reactions: sabremike

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
It’s crazy how 3 years ago minimalism was good and now minimalism is seen as boring

And how 90s jerseys were seen as over the top and now they are creative and seen as having character

Red Dread

Oct 19, 2011
Maryland
I don't think it's close to the worst, but honestly I'm not the biggest fan of the Caps jerseys. It's my favorite out of the ones they've had I think for the modern look, but otherwise it seems pretty generic imo.

If there was somehow a way to mix the unique look of the original uniforms with a more modern look I'd be on board.

Brownbeard

Oct 6, 2017
The Los Angeles Kings', specifically their hideous home jersey. It looks like a Chinese knockoff in comparison to the others.

muddywaters

GO FLAMES GO
Jul 12, 2006
Cedarbrae
Everything about the Flames is lame. A logo and name that has absolutely nothing to do with the City. A logo that looks like pure cheese designed by some edglord 6th grader in MS Paint. It's akin to putting flaming stickers on a Dodge Neon. And then the horrible and ugly color scheme.
Flames current jerseys leave a lot to be desired … but in my biased opinion the logo is one of the best ….

Dr Black

Oct 31, 2015
Those kings jerseys aren't hideous, they're just bland. They look like practice jerseys or something.

Jets 3rd are bad.

Never liked the flames jerseys. Just a dumb logo and team name imo.
The current Kings black with grey trim is OK. I can accept it.
However, the original purple and yellow are better. Their original logo is better than any other logo they have come up with since.

sexydonut

May 12, 2009
The all-black, dark navy blue look really needs to go. They just don't stand out from each other. They look bad at the arena and look worse on TV. The ubiquity of black pants doesn't help with the contrast either.

For the sake of visibility and contrast (against an all-white surface), you'd want bright solid colors playing against each other. Cue the all-red Red Wings vs. all-blue Maple Leafs vs. all-yellow retro Kings vs. all-green retro North Stars.

English soccer games featuring all-blue Everton vs. all-red Liverpool are the easiest on the eyes.

Reactions: God Bless Mr Coffee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad