Worst hockey logos ever by Bush Party

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
That was great. It has a few of my "faves" plus a few great ones I've never seen.

Here's a few more....Let's see if you guys can come up with the smart remarks as well as Bush Party.

[http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/logos/logos.cgi?logo_file=uhl/adirondack_icehawks_1998.gif]Adirondack Icehawks[/URL] Is this bird-man thing supposed to be covered in feathers or lumpy soap flakes?
Alaska Gold Kings Must refer to prehistoric times when Alaska was overrun with oddly propotioned lions...
Calgary Cowboys When people talk about how cool WHA logos were, it's because they recall th efranchises that survived and blocked logos like this from their memory.
California Golden Seals
Let's play spot the seal! I'm sure it's in one of those shapeless blobs!
Cape Codders Does the (poorly drawn) pink map of Massachusetts prophecize the gay marriage court ruling?
Columbus Owls Beware the menacing owl hand puppet!

Last edited:

Roger's Pancreas*

bmoak said:
That was great. It has a few of my "faves" plus a few great ones I've never seen.

Here's a few more....Let's see if you guys can come up with the smart remarks as well as Bush Party.

Adirondack Icehawks Is this bird-man thing supposed to be covered in feathers or lumpy soap flakes?
Alaska Gold Kings Must refer to prehistoric times when Alaska was overrun with oddly propotioned lions...
Calgary Cowboys When people talk about how cool WHA logos were, it's because they recall th efranchises that survived and blocked logos like this from their memory.
California Golden Seals
Let's play spot the seal! I'm sure it's in one of those shapeless blobs!
Cape Codders Does the (poorly drawn) pink map of Massachusetts prophecize the gay marriage court ruling?
Columbus Owls Beware the menacing owl hand puppet!

Alaska Gold Kings-We learn something new every day, in first grade it was that lions are "king of the jungle", today it's that Alaska is most famous for their vast jungles.
Columbus Owls-After taking multiple hits of acid the artist forgot what an owl looked like. Feeling under the gun someone decided that an Octopus w/ Betty Boop's due would fool everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
More!
Daytona Beach Breakers How about pink, orange, blue, and green in neon tones for a color scheme? Plus let's throw in a dragon. It worked for the Kelowna Rockets!
Huntsville Blast Maybe all those cartoony ECHL logos aren't too bad after all if this is the alternative...
Jacksonville Lizard Kings Five in one...One in five...No one here gets out alive.
Kentucky Thoroughblades Worst AHL logo and name EVAH! A furry fetishist's wet dream.
Knoxville Speed Speed indeed! The designer must have been flying on crank to come up with this one.
Lake Charles Ice Pirates Hey, it's the long-lost 6th member of the Village People!
Marquette Iron Rangers Nice white power salute, there.
Montana Magic
Why is the purple puck leaving behind a trail of orange goop? Must be magic!

Last edited:

Boilers*

Canadian_man said:
IT'S NOT A F***ING DRAGON!!!! IT'S THE OGOPOGO!!! :banghead: :mad:

That's right!! Nothing says "Rocket" like the ever elusive Ogopogo with a hockey stick!

Boilers*

bmoak said:
More!
Daytona Beach Breakers How about pink, orange, blue, and green in neon tones for a color scheme? Plus let's throw in a dragon.
Huntsville Blast Maybe all those cartoony ECHL logos aren't too bad after all if this is the alternative...
Jacksonville Lizard Kings Five in one...One in five...No one here gets out alive.
Kentucky Thoroughblades Worst AHL logo and name EVAH! A furry fetishist's wet dream.
Knoxville Speed Speed indeed! The designer must have been flying on crank to come up with this one.
Lake Charles Ice Pirates Hey, it's the long-lost 6th member of the Village People!
Marquette Iron Rangers Nice white power salute, there.
Montana Magic
Why is the purple puck leaving behind a trail of orange goop? Must be magic!

The Kentucky Thourough blades where steroid-laden centaur-ish folk ply their trade for your veiwing pleasure.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Bloodsport said:
That's right!! Nothing says "Rocket" like the ever elusive Ogopogo with a hockey stick!
No wonder he's elusive. Anyone who sees him is going to be blinded by that color scheme.

Lard_Lad

May 12, 2003
Kelowna
Visit site
Canadian_man said:
IT'S NOT A F***ING DRAGON!!!! IT'S THE OGOPOGO!!! :banghead: :mad:

No, it is a f***ing dragon. The logo was originally used by the IHL's San Antonio Dragons, the Rockets just made some minor modifications to it. And, God bless Bruce Hamilton, but it is pretty dumb to have Ogopogo as the key part of the logo of a team called the Rockets. At least put him in a spacesuit or something appropriate to the theme.

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
More!

Wichita Wind Break like the Wind! That would be a cool slogan, eh? Maybe I could get a marketing job. At least I'm smart enough not to use orange and purple as a color scheme.
Winsotn-Salem Mammoths I've seen some ridiculous examples of cartoon animals wielding hockey equipment, but a friggin' mammoth using its trunk to hold a hockey stick takes the grand prize.
Winsotn-Salem Polar Twins In the Bad Nicknames thread, I linked to the awfulness of the current SPHL Polar Twins. Little did I know that this was a legacy name and the old Polar Twins logo was much worse. Breezely & Sneezely, as sponsored by your friendly local Cancer Merchants of Death.
Virginia Lancers And here are your Virginia Ancers, I mean Lancers! (PS Why is the one star way off on the right red?)
Toledo Goaldiggers Not particularly ridiculous. But a classic example of bad 70s style abstractness. What is that supposed to be?
Toledo Storm They should strip Toledo of its ECHL frnachise for still using this eyesore logo for all these years.
Traverse City Bays Using a map as your team logo is problematic. Evern more so when no one recognizes what the hell is being referenced on the map.
Tuscon Rustlers Rustlers in the Old West were a hardy breed of men, capable of shootin' and skatin' even after being cut in half by a giant hockey stick.

Fletch

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn
Visit site
bmoak...

the Goldenseals looks like a cross between the Penguins and a football helmet. That's God awful. Reminds me of my bedsheets from the 70s.

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
acr said:
I've been wonderng what the heck the Vancouver Canucks logo is supposed to be, is it a Shark or a Jet, and whatever it is, why is it hatching like a baby duck out of the letter C?

It's a whale, done in a similar style to the art of the natives of the pacific northwest. It also forms the shape of a 'C' (for Canucks). The whale is jumping out of water, or breaking through ice or something. I'm not really sure.

http://www.thunderbirdgallery.com/thunderbird-logo/thunderbird-black1.gif
http://www.ravenpublishing.com/graphics/Designing2Cover.jpg

Papa Smurf

Jun 9, 2004
Oshawa, Ontario
Lard_Lad said:
No, it is a f***ing dragon. The logo was originally used by the IHL's San Antonio Dragons, the Rockets just made some minor modifications to it. And, God bless Bruce Hamilton, but it is pretty dumb to have Ogopogo as the key part of the logo of a team called the Rockets. At least put him in a spacesuit or something appropriate to the theme.

I wasnt really defending the logo or anything. It just ticked me off that the dude didn't know about the famous Okanagan lake monster (Hell, even Final Fantasy has heard of the Ogopogo. They named a character after it.). I think that they should have made the logo look different as well. Or atleast chance the name. "Rockets" is bloody lame anyhow.

Papa Smurf

Jun 9, 2004
Oshawa, Ontario
bmoak said:
More!

Wichita Wind Break like the Wind! That would be a cool slogan, eh? Maybe I could get a marketing job. At least I'm smart enough not to use orange and purple as a color scheme.
Winsotn-Salem Mammoths I've seen some ridiculous examples of cartoon animals wielding hockey equipment, but a friggin' mammoth using its trunk to hold a hockey stick takes the grand prize.
Winsotn-Salem Polar Twins In the Bad Nicknames thread, I linked to the awfulness of the current SPHL Polar Twins. Little did I know that this was a legacy name and the old Polar Twins logo was much worse. Breezely & Sneezely, as sponsored by your friendly local Cancer Merchants of Death.
Virginia Lancers And here are your Virginia Ancers, I mean Lancers! (PS Why is the one star way off on the right red?)
Toledo Goaldiggers Not particularly ridiculous. But a classic example of bad 70s style abstractness. What is that supposed to be?
Toledo Storm They should strip Toledo of its ECHL frnachise for still using this eyesore logo for all these years.
Traverse City Bays Using a map as your team logo is problematic. Evern more so when no one recognizes what the hell is being referenced on the map.
Tuscon Rustlers Rustlers in the Old West were a hardy breed of men, capable of shootin' and skatin' even after being cut in half by a giant hockey stick.

Theres nothing wrong with Virginia's

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Ahh the Radz. I am reminded of them every time I played lacrosse at the Max Bell Centre (where they have removed the roller hockey lines but kept the logo in the centre circle).

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
Canadian_man said:
Theres nothing wrong with Virginia's

If I didn't know that the team was called the Lancers, I would assume that the hockey stick was part of the stick/puck geaphic and not part of the team name.

Riggs

Apr 6, 2004
Pittsburgh
bmoak said:

Well, the overall shape is that of a "g" for Goaldiggers. The circle represents a puck, and the negative form in white, represents a stick.

On another level, the stick could be viewed as a shovel. The gold circle is being "dug". When a stick is a shovel and you "dig" a puck. Hopefully into the net for a "goal". So in the end you have Goaldiggers.

That’s what I think its suppose to be.

Papa Smurf

Jun 9, 2004
Oshawa, Ontario
If the goaldiggers logo is to be on the "worst" list you may as well put the old Canucks logo there too. Except nobody messes with the 1970 Canucks logo!

NOBODY!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->