Worst Goalies in Leafs history ?

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
Can't base worst goalie in franchise history on 1 bad goal, or 1 or 2 bad back up stints. Don't forget....Raycroft and Toskala both put up some decent win totals.

In my 46 years on this earth, I have seen some bad goaltending for the Leafs...Crha was bad, but those teams were horrible.... The Monster came in with lots of hype but ended not being good enough. Enroth was bad, and then ended up getting guys like Kidd (at end of career), and many underperformers like Marcel Cousineau, Bibeau.

Even look at Alan Bester's save pct numbers....yikes! Fan favourite though.

Reactions: hoglund

bodechek

Oct 10, 2017
Raycroft and Toskala come to mind in recent memory. Yah I did support Sparks and wanted him to do well, but that ship has sailed and I was wrong (too bad his AHL season didn't translate into an NHL career). But I can't forget the time in Buffalo where a puck was sailing over the net and Toskala tried to catch it, only to have it deflect off the cuff of his glove and into the net for a goal. After that, I couldn't stand to see him in net, but he beat out Raycroft which then says a lot about Raycroft at the time.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
upload_2019-11-13_15-10-33.jpeg

Slot

Mar 6, 2012
Wrong. Glenn Healy is a Stanley cup champ and is 112th all time in wins. Not even close to the worst. He was a very good backup and had a 14 year career.
20 more wins than James Reimer in 6 more years of trying. Played a scintillating 68 minutes in that Stanley Cup run and won 10 games that season in over 20 starts.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Glenn Healy was empirically bad with defensively sound Leafs' teams: consistently >0.20% lower Save% than the Leafs' starter, and Pat Quinn unlike Babcock only started Healy against bottom feeders.

Trevor Kidd was pretty bad too. Couldn't move post to post by the time he was a Leaf. Shooters scored wraparounds on him fairly regularly.

oops... meant Save %

Last edited:

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Allan Bester. Career .883 save percentage.

I remember him giving up a goal against the Blues in the playoffs on a shot from center ice from Sergio Momesso. Brutal.
That was the dark period, when the Leafs goaltending was Peter Ing, Allan Bester and Jeff Reese... and they were all f***ING TERRIBLE.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad