Worst GM in the league right now

Who is the worst GM in the league right now?

• Total voters

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
He Traded Marino for something before he walked for nothing.

now you know why Holland's been avoiding taking Americans at the last 2 drafts he's had for the Oilers....they just won't stay or they want to be traded before they even play. o_O

BlueBull

Habby Man
Oct 11, 2017
Vancouver Island
Sometimes I thinks it's Benning because I'm a Canucks fan, but each time I think that, Either Bergevin or Rutherford makes another bad trade or signing.

I picked Rutherford.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Despite his head scratching moves JR has 3 cups, so I can't consider him the worst.

And I wouldn't put it past the mad lad to put something together for another run. His touch is wildly unpredictable.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Between the Aho offer sheet last season and the Anderson antics this year, Bergervin is running away with it.

Dubas is horrible at negotiating contracts, but every now and then, he makes a good move. Kapanen for #15 was a steal.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Jarmo Kekäläinen?
That dude has lost his vision and mind.

Wow, I actually have Jarmo as one of the best GM:s in the league. Atleast he is not scared of trying to improve his team. I bet most fans would like a GM likehim. If you dont take a chance to get better, you never will. GM:s that are afraid to make changes to their teams because they are afraid for their own job shouldnt be GM:s. A GM like Jarmo is good for the fans and the game. I bet Columbus fans have had higher hopes with Jarmo than earlier GM:s. Hes got some stone-balls and is not afraid to make his own decisions.

Reactions: ujju2

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Surprised not more votes for Bowman.

I get they’ve had cap issues since the cups but all he had to was fill in around franchise players in their prime and he failed.

They seem to be on the come up slightly, but I don’t like the moves he’s made and he lucked into Dach.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I disagree with JR being the worst. He is an average GM with great highs and very bad lows. He is just not meant to build teams. He is a GM who focuses only on winning.

When he won in Carolin the Recchi and Weight trades were huge.
In Pitt he got Horny, Kessel, Bonino, Hagelin, and Cullen. All vital players.

He is good at putting together some final pieces but when it starts to go down hill it gets ugly.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Between the Aho offer sheet last season and the Anderson antics this year, Bergervin is running away with it.

Dubas is horrible at negotiating contracts, but every now and then, he makes a good move. Kapanen for #15 was a steal.

He's also been a pretty good drafter, so far. Overall, I can live with a couple million extra on start player contracts. He hasn't signed any of the leagues worst 50 contracts, so it's hard to really call him the worst because of that.

I voted Lou, but I really don't like what's going down in St. Louis (Losing Pie because of the Faulk contract!?), I don't like what Bowman has been up to lately, and I have some question marks about Bergevin.

Benning used to be an easy pick, and he's paying for his sins now, but hard to argue against some of his drafting and recent decisions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad