GDT: Worst GDT ever: Avs vs Flames 8pm MST

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Giving up the 2 goal lead playing like crap after the 1st was frustrating, but I was more troubled with the OT. I was hoping they would be better at 3 on 3 in OT but it looked the same as last year where they just dont know how to play 3 on 3 which is puzzling to me with all the talent the Avs have. They gotta really improve that so they dont give away points in OT.

Reactions: 5280

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Sven back on Tuesday in New York.

Who sits? Kamenev? Nieto? Bourque?

I would roll:

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Kerfoot - Jost - Wilson
Calvert - Soderberg - Andrighetto
Nieto - Compher - Bourque

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Nieto should sit; Kamenev is who will almost assuredly sit.

Andrighetto *should* bump Nieto down to the 4th line based on Nieto's lackluster play to start this season but he seems to be attached at the hip with Soderberg.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Sit Nieto. The second goal was bad, but on the first goal, he stopped skating around our blue line and coasted while watching his guy walk in and score. Guys like Nieto can't make those mistakes. He has no offensive upside, so skating back hard and covering guys is a large part of his job. He's not ovechkin floating back.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
If there is one positive thing to come out of last night's game--its that the Avs got a fresh dose of what it feels like to blow a lead and lose. They knew they took their foot off the gas. Hopefully it's a reminder for the future.

Reactions: Foppberg

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
I'd like to see ghetto with soda. Give soda someone who can do something offensively . Nieto had a bad game. Take him out and move Calvert up to Soda's line.

Though I expect Nieto will stay in. Kamenev will come out and Bourque will move down with compher and Calvert.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
I'd rather have Compher on the 3rd line in the long run.
I try not to think too much about the long run because I have no idea what role Bowers will play. Kaut will change things as well by hopefully becoming a very good 2nd line winger. It's a weird phase for the Avs and probably a difficult time for Sakic. In theory every player you need already is on the team or is less than two seasons (hopefully less than one season) away from making the team but theory is just theory.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->