GDT: Worst GDT Ever - Avs @ Stars - 4PM

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Now hopefully they don't let in an immediate goal in the 2nd period. That's a trend that needs to stop real soon.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Honestly, I don't think so. He's one of those "pretty good but I hope some prospect comes up quickly to replace him"-guys. If he was 10% better he would be really good. But he isn't.
Considering we just signed him for 3 years I sure hope not.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Lol I love how this stars recap is basically them going through play by play making excuses for each thing and complaining about everything that didnt go their way.

Reactions: Avs425 and McMetal

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
I sort of expect Calvert or Cole to be specifically signed as the sacrifice to the expansion draft in the future

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Girard does something impressive on almost every shift.

He just skated the puck out of his zone, dumped it in, then chased it on the forecheck himself throwing a small hit in the corner. Then skated hard on the back check, grabbed the puck behind his net again, and skated it out under heavy pressure making a nice little outlet at center ice.

Just shake my head at how good that kid is.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Honestly, I don't think so. He's one of those "pretty good but I hope some prospect comes up quickly to replace him"-guys. If he was 10% better he would be really good. But he isn't.

Depends on your expectations. If anyone thinks he was brought in to be a Top-6 Forward then yeah, you'll be severely disappointed but that's not why he was brought in. He's a solid bottom-6 guy and he's a pretty good PKer.

I've always liked him even watching only 4-5 times per year. I like that you can depend on what he's going to give you on a nightly basis and he'll never cheat you on effort.

He might be 'miscast' on the 2nd PP unit this season due to just not having anyone else who'll play in front of the net but that will change starting next season at the latest. Solid role player though and much better than Comeau, imo.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I take it MacKinnon was just holding the top line and PP back? Nice to see some production heading into the regular season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad