Worst feeling ever playing hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdiotsPickedMyName*

Physically i was on a break away i was about 10 feet from the top of the crease when the goalie dives forwards and takes my legs out. (Im going full speed at this point) I hit the goalie go crashing into the net and either the impact with the goalie/net/boards i shattered my right Femeur in 3 places and broke both collarbones. It took me a month to get out of the hospital and i had 2 titanium rods in my legs for 6 months afterwards. This effectively ended my playing Career (which wasnt really going anywhere) which is the worst Mental pain ive had to endure.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Last Saturday... Semi-Finals.

Had a game, completely dominated. Leading 4-1, 3rd period. 4 minutes left, they score. 4-2. Minute after. 4-3. Minute after, 4-4. 30 seconds left. 5-4. We lost.

I mean, wtf? :banghead: Our team does not know how to hold a lead. Ousted.

Erik

Jul 28, 2004
Tampa, FL
Playing goal, lots of traffic in front of the net, guy fell on my leg and I ended up twisting my knee... not that bad, I've had worse, but the worst part was we were up 1-0 with 3 minutes left and didn't have a backup dressed, so it was an auto-forfeit.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Any time a puck goes in off you it sucks.

The worst moment ever though for me was in the playoffs, doing 2 of 3 games, our goalie made a stop and I was our top scorer by far on the team, me and the goalie got all mixed up and i skated in front of the net and went to pick it up and I went from backhand to forehand stickhanding and we were both all mixed up and I mis-stickhandled it and it went in the net like when I was cutting through the crease to pick it up. Like I acidentally slid the puck in when I missed the puck on a backhand to forehand stickhandle. No one noticed though and everyone blamed it on some kid on the other team when he came flying in trying to poke the puck in but I accidentally did it. That was in overtime so we lost the game on that goal. But we won the series and I got hat-tricks in the next two games so w/e.

Another terrible feeling was after having a bad game playing 18U as a 15 year old, we were down 5-4 in the playoffs, our elimination game where we would be knocked out and I got the puck in front of the net like wide open in the slot, and I did my signature deke that I'm money on all the time, Pavel Bure did it all the time, and from watching him, instead of sliding it 5 hole on the backhand, I put it way out on my backhand and slid them in, but anyways, I did that move coming in like all alone in front as the puck bounced right to me and I hit the side of the net after faking out the goalie on the backhand. I was like so mad because we lost that game 5-4. We also hit the crossbar with like 10 seconds left. It was bad though because I was our teams top goal scorer as a 15 year old playing 18 and Under Midget travel in FLA.

pitkanen>bouwmeester

Apr 6, 2005
Hershey, PA
www.xanga.com
PanthersRule said:
Any time a puck goes in off you it sucks.

The worst moment ever though for me was in the playoffs, doing 2 of 3 games, our goalie made a stop and I was our top scorer by far on the team, me and the goalie got all mixed up and i skated in front of the net and went to pick it up and I went from backhand to forehand stickhanding and we were both all mixed up and I mis-stickhandled it and it went in the net like when I was cutting through the crease to pick it up. Like I acidentally slid the puck in when I missed the puck on a backhand to forehand stickhandle. No one noticed though and everyone blamed it on some kid on the other team when he came flying in trying to poke the puck in but I accidentally did it. That was in overtime so we lost the game on that goal. But we won the series and I got hat-tricks in the next two games so w/e.

Another terrible feeling was after having a bad game playing 18U as a 15 year old, we were down 5-4 in the playoffs, our elimination game where we would be knocked out and I got the puck in front of the net like wide open in the slot, and I did my signature deke that I'm money on all the time, Pavel Bure did it all the time, and from watching him, instead of sliding it 5 hole on the backhand, I put it way out on my backhand and slid them in, but anyways, I did that move coming in like all alone in front as the puck bounced right to me and I hit the side of the net after faking out the goalie on the backhand. I was like so mad because we lost that game 5-4. We also hit the crossbar with like 10 seconds left. It was bad though because I was our teams top goal scorer as a 15 year old playing 18 and Under Midget travel in FLA.

You're so modest! :biglaugh:

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
I got hit in the ankle blocking a shot two weeks ago. The only reason i went down to block it was cause i felt bad about screening our goalie on a goal they scored just a few minutes before. Now that really ****ing hurt.

So now I still can't walk on it properly, and I've missed probably 8 hours of icetime I could have had over the last two weeks, including tomorrow night when I have the ice rented for myself and a bunch of friends for two hours, only now I'll be watching from the bench.

bah. :cry:

ArtG

Feb 9, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I used to be a goalie when I was younger, I've had a few really bad experiences. The one that sticks out in my mind is a the last game of the season when I was in grade 6/7 can't quite recall. I was having a really solid game, stopping almost everything. Anyway, my team battled back to tie and send the game to OT. So in OT I had this really easy shot to handle from a reasonable distance but I kicked it out poorly and created a huge rebound, and obviously the other team scored. WORST FEELING EVER. I cried like the little kid that I was while my whole team tried to console me. Painful stuff -- I think I need therapy.

MacDaddy TLC*

In overtime trying to catch up to a guy and just as I dive to try and poke the puck away he shoots and scores. I was lying on the ice and just watching it happen (almost in slo-mo in my mind)

Yammer

Oct 22, 2002
Republic of East Van
It would have to be watching a guy crumple into the boards after a dirty hit from me. He'd been up in my face all game, slashing and yapping, so while churning past him on a rush I let my elbows come up a la Gordie Howe and "accidentally" let him have it. For about two seconds I gloated but then felt really bad. What if I'd hurt him? And for what? Nothing.

Keetz

Sep 14, 2004
Little Falls
GaborikRules10!!! said:
Losing in the Minnesota State High School Championship game in my senior year in double OT 5-4 :cry:
Yeah but you made it there Dude. :yo: Most Minnesota kids can only dream of playing on that stage.

BTW what year was that? I was prolly there, I go back every year during that week. its a family tradition.

JeffW

Apr 2, 2005
Plantar Fasciitis two seasons ago. Missed most of the season.

Finishing mens league this year and realizing that I'm an awful player. I somehow managed to finish third on my team in scoring but wasn't happy at all with my game and have decided to spend the summer training for next season. Mostly I'll work on stickhandling, skating and endurance.

I've been working with the smart hockey ball about 5 times a week and already have seen a huge improvement in my hands. :handclap:

DaveyCrockett

Dec 8, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
JeffW said:
Plantar Fasciitis two seasons ago. Missed most of the season.

Finishing mens league this year and realizing that I'm an awful player. I somehow managed to finish third on my team in scoring but wasn't happy at all with my game and have decided to spend the summer training for next season. Mostly I'll work on stickhandling, skating and endurance.

I've been working with the smart hockey ball about 5 times a week and already have seen a huge improvement in my hands. :handclap:
What is this smart hockey ball you speak of?

My worst feeling was losing the championship of my beer league last summer because the one of our players had a skate in the crease. He felt worse than I did.

JeffW

Apr 2, 2005
DaveyCrockett said:
What is this smart hockey ball you speak of?

My worst feeling was losing the championship of my beer league last summer because the one of our players had a skate in the crease. He felt worse than I did.

The Smart Hockey ball is just a ball that is roughly the same weight as a puck that you use for off ice stickhandling drills. They're also made to minimize bouncing. They usually come with a CD that has off ice drills you can do to improve your game.

www.smarthockey.com

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
physical:
having another play hook my left leg with his stick trying to stop me on a breakaway which caused me to blow out my MCL in the semifinals of the league championship playoffs my Junior year of High School. When I played for a club level team in college the exact same thing happened durring a scrimage at the end of a practice. To this day I have problems with the knee and while I'm back to skating I still don't even have 75% of the agility that I once had.

mental:
being in the stands after my injury as the team lost the championship game 1-0 to a team we had beat by a combined score of 12-4 in the 3 games we had played before. I don't know if I would have made a difference in the game because their goalie was having the game of his life but not being able to contribute whatever offense I could as the team leader in assists sucked beyond belief.

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
Since I can barely skate, and my hockey playing is limited to running around in the street with other neighborhood kids, I would say watching my school (Malvern Prep) lose the PA state championship to Bethel Park my freshman year. We finally took the title in 2004, though. :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad