• Alexander Semin 7.000M 5 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andrew Ladd 5.500M 7 years

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
Price doesn't really belong on this list in my opinion, neither does Lucic, you can't say his contract is one of the worst ever because of half of a season. Maybe if both of those guys continue getting worse we can say that but right now, I don't think so.

Scott Gomez on the other hand was a contract that so many people knew was bad right from the start and it got worse seemingly with every game until he threatened to go an entire season without scoring a goal.

Reactions: iSophagus

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
How long did Bryzgalov last into his 9 year contract? That was a disaster.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Fingers 3.5m over 4 years?

Over some of the other absurd contracts there? Whaaaaaat.

He was paid $14,000,000 for 105 NHL games which is the equivalent of $133,333 per game.

Tavares at 11,000,000 AAV will be making $134,000 per game assuming he plays a full season.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
He was paid $14,000,000 for 105 NHL games which is the equivalent of $133,333 per game.

Tavares at 11,000,000 AAV will be making $134,000 per game assuming he plays a full season.

K.

Bryzgalov was payed $509 000 per game, and I'm sure if you looked at Gomez goal per $ it'll be much worse.

Finger isn't even close to being the worse.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
went Holik, would be willing to change it to price if he has another couple bad seasons.
the highest paid goalie in NHL history shouldnt put up a 3.11gaa/.900sv% no matter how bad his team is.
Anti Raanta just had a 2.24gaa/.930sv% on the yotes, a team that won about two games through oct and nov

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
K.

Bryzgalov was payed $509 000 per game, and I'm sure if you looked at Gomez goal per $ it'll be much worse.

Finger isn't even close to being the worse.

Goalies are meant to play less games and not 82 games/year. But yes, Bryz probs is slightly worse than Finger.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Going with bryz because having a horrible overpaid goalie is a lot harder to work around than an overpaid forward. Holik and Gomez were overpaid but they weren't flat out detrimental to the team.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Would have expected Brad Richards 9yr 60mil contract to be an option, especially over guys like Finger, Lieno and Alzner

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
You guys all have it backwards. Obviously a 1 year, 2-way contract at league minimum is the worst contract. But of these options Finger's the worst and Price's the best.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
People might be too
Young to remember how bad the holik deal was.

Barely anyone was pAyed nine million and that’s like 11 million or more now.

And it was holik of all people then he did nothing.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Price doesn't really belong on this list in my opinion, neither does Lucic, you can't say his contract is one of the worst ever because of half of a season. Maybe if both of those guys continue getting worse we can say that but right now, I don't think so.

Very much this - and much moreso with Price than Lucic. Lucic has already sucked in his contract - albeit as you say only for 1 season or so. Price hasn't even started his yet lol. What if he wins 8 vezinas in a row? I'm just saying wait to see how he performs vs contract before labeling it bad. As a Habs fan i've never had a problem with the contract, and still dont - assuming he rebounds of course.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Fingers nearly the worst mostly because it was a literal mistake

I'll continue to post this in every thread if need be. This false rumor needs to end.

The idea that Finger was mistaken for Sauer was just a gag from an old hockeybuzz article (found here).

You can go ahead and try to find a reference to the supposed "contract mix up" before this, you won't find anything. This is where the rumour came from.

Fletcher made a poor decision to give Finger that contract, but not because he got him mixed up with someone else. That article quotes Fletch and Ron Wilson singing praises for their new player. They praised his ice-time and quality of competition. That is what they are expected to do. They went a bit overboard, saying "always on the ice against Joe Thornton" and all that, yes.

However, all of their claims statistically matched Kurt Sauer more than Finger.

But just because there happened to be a player who statistically matched their trumped-up claims, doesn't come within a mile of meaning that Fletcher actually mistook Finger for that player.

That article even has a writers note at the bottom, explaining that the point of the article is that Fingers "accomplishments don't match up with how he's being sold to the fans through the Toronto media."

The Finger signing was a screw-up and a mistake. But not a mix-up or mistaken identity!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad