Worst Contracts of all-time. #14

The worst contract #14

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Eriksson has been paid 22 million so far in his time as a Canuck for a total of 47 points.

He's already hurt going into this season (after cashing his signing bonus this summer) so he'll be behind the 8 ball again on having a decent season. Doesn't help that his effort level is bullshit as well.

Unless you didn't' include him because you think the faces he makes for memes are worth his contract?

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
I really don't know how Carey Price won the last poll. Even though he is a huge cap hit, he is a top-end #1 goalie (last season was rough, team was bad). There are plenty of guys out there left that make a lot of money long term and are just depth players.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
How is Lucic still an option?

That deal should be top 5.

I wouldn't take him on my team for free he is that god awful.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

Because it’s not worse than contracts that are remaining, let alone the ones already selected. People love to hate Lucic, and let it interfere with their judgement.

Agree with those saying it should be Eriksson

Reactions: KarmaPolice

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Because it’s not worse than contracts that are remaining, let alone the ones already selected. People love to hate Lucic, and let it interfere with their judgement.

Agree with those saying it should be Eriksson

It’s not that they love to hate him it’s that they see what a pile of garbage he is.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina

Clearly a lot of people aren't familiar with Alexander Semin under his last contract. At least Lucic is tough out there. Canes fans remember Semin literally standing at his blue line watching his teammates play defense. You wouldn't take Lucic for free? Canes paid to not have Semin on their team. Signed for cheap with Montreal, who cut him. After which he even bombed out of the KHL, lol.

Reactions: The Nuge

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Because he was much more useful than SHAWN HORCOFF who somehow isn't here yet.

I wouldn’t go that far thadd. You can definitely makes an argument for Horc’s being worse, because it was a bigger percentage of the cap, but he was still a 30 point, shutdown 3C for the duration of the contract. Eriksson hasn’t hit 25 points yet during his contract and has 4 years left. He could rebound, but he also might not, and as of right now, he’s been worse.

Reactions: KarmaPolice

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I wouldn’t go that far thadd. You can definitely makes an argument for Horc’s being worse, because it was a bigger percentage of the cap, but he was still a 30 point, shutdown 3C for the duration of the contract. Eriksson hasn’t hit 25 points yet during his contract and has 4 years left. He could rebound, but he also might not, and as of right now, he’s been worse.

He was making money on par with 1st line centers during the first 2 years of that contract then the salary shot up a ton and it didn't look so bad. 1 year in to the contract it was poisonous and Horcoff was shell of his former self before he was 2 years into that contract.

BonAppleTea

May 16, 2013
Eriksson has been paid 22 million so far in his time as a Canuck for a total of 47 points.

He's already hurt going into this season (after cashing his signing bonus this summer) so he'll be behind the 8 ball again on having a decent season. Doesn't help that his effort level is bull**** as well.

Unless you didn't' include him because you think the faces he makes for memes are worth his contract?
Wasn't his first goal as a Canuck an own goal after like 15-20 games as well or am I dreaming?

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Carey Price being on this list is absolutely ridiculous. Completely so.

The season after which he signed his contract - i'm pretty sure i had started a poll on HF prior to it and Price had won #1 on HF for player most likely to win the hart (yes above Crosby, McDavid).

I get it. He's had some worrisome injuries lately. I also know he had a HORRIBLE season last year - like pathetically so. Also - goalies don't usually get paid that much.

But this is still the guy who beat out Crosby and McDavid as hart favorite a year or so ago around here. Last season - he was voted by a ~45% majority margin (next goalie had below 10%) among NHLPA players as the BEST goalie in the league. He hasn't even STARTED his contract yet. What if he wins the hart this year? It makes no sense imo to have him here.

Yes i'm a bit biased as i'm a fan of Price + Habs - i still think it's absolutely ridiculous that as high a profile player as him - who hasn't even BEGUN his contract yet - could be considered. At least wait and see if he sucks or not during the contract - even 1 year (though you probably should wait 2-3 years to get a better idea) before labeling it a bad contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad